Forum > TAChart

what does chart title wordwrap do

(1/2) > >>

Muso:
Thanks to the latest ChartEditor demo addition, I discovered the chart title setting "Wordwrap".

What does it do exactly? I cannot see any difference. When I have 2 title lines, I only see that some line spacing is added then wordwrap is on.

(Maybe it is obvious but at least few info as XML in the IDE would help dumb people like me  :).)

wp:
Wordwrap is a new property of Laz v2.2 to wrap a title (which is wider than the chart width) into multiple lines. Wrapping is recalculated whenever the chart width changes.

Muso:

--- Quote from: wp on August 02, 2021, 05:03:26 pm ---Wrapping is recalculated whenever the chart width changes.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! This was the info I missed; because also without wordwrap adding a long title in the ChartEditor demo, the line was wrapped into several lines.

However the recalculation does not work for me as expected. Attached is a screenshot of the ChartEditor demo where I added a title just as long that it is wrapped into 2 lines. When I now make the chart narrower, the wrapping works, but when I make it wider I expected the title to be wrapped into just one line since there is then enough horizontal space. (see the second screenshot)

wp:
Please turn off the WordWrap property of the memos in the ChartEditor demo. When this is ON, the memo introduces hard line-breaks into the text, and this is different from the "soft line breaks" introduced by the ChartTitle WordWrap.

This will be fixed in the new version which will contain also a lot of other changes. Just need some more time for testing.

Muso:

--- Quote from: wp on August 03, 2021, 12:27:38 am ---Please turn off the WordWrap property of the memos in the ChartEditor demo. When this is ON, the memo introduces hard line-breaks into the text, and this is different from the "soft line breaks" introduced by the ChartTitle WordWrap.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.

two questions:
- for my real-life program, do you recommend me to use better e.g. a TEdit or a TlabeledEdit to allow the user to modify the title/footer?
- I am now able to get the latest sources (latest FPCupDeluxe - FPC via the stable 3.2.2 and Lazarus via Gitlab). I see that you changed yesterday something in master but I checked out the 2_2_fixes branch. So when you don't backport to this branch, does this mean, the changes are experimental/needs testing? If so, do you want me to test? Then I will switch to master.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version