Recent

Author Topic: ZoomDragTool question regarding AdjustSelection  (Read 4114 times)

Muso

ZoomDragTool question regarding AdjustSelection
« on: August 02, 2021, 02:26:48 am »
The ZoomDragTool has the property "AdjustSelection" which is by default on. What does this do, meaning what would be the effect when it is turned off?

I googled around and cannot find any info about this. There is also no XML info in the IDE.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 02:33:52 am by Muso »

wp

Re: ZoomDragTool question regarding AdjustSelection
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 05:24:57 pm »
In some special cases users want to zoom only into y or x directions, i.e. want to keep x or y fixed, as shown in the chart. This is achieved by the RatioLimit property (zrlFixedX, zrlFixedY). AdjustSelection=true gives a visual feedback by drawing the zoom rectangle across the entire chart for the restricted coordinate.

Muso

Re: ZoomDragTool question regarding AdjustSelection
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 07:59:10 pm »
In some special cases users want to zoom only into y or x directions, i.e. want to keep x or y fixed, as shown in the chart. This is achieved by the RatioLimit property (zrlFixedX, zrlFixedY). AdjustSelection=true gives a visual feedback by drawing the zoom rectangle across the entire chart for the restricted coordinate.

Cool feature!

TAChart has so many cool features one is not aware of as new Lazarus user and the XML info is at least for me a good starting point where to look in the docs. E.g. if there is already a tutorial in which the feature is used.
I know your spare time is limited, but when you could put it onto your ToDo list to add some XML info for AdjustSelection and also RatioLimit would be nice.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018