Forum > TAChart

ZoomDragTool question regarding AdjustSelection

(1/1)

Muso:
The ZoomDragTool has the property "AdjustSelection" which is by default on. What does this do, meaning what would be the effect when it is turned off?

I googled around and cannot find any info about this. There is also no XML info in the IDE.

wp:
In some special cases users want to zoom only into y or x directions, i.e. want to keep x or y fixed, as shown in the chart. This is achieved by the RatioLimit property (zrlFixedX, zrlFixedY). AdjustSelection=true gives a visual feedback by drawing the zoom rectangle across the entire chart for the restricted coordinate.

Muso:

--- Quote from: wp on August 02, 2021, 05:24:57 pm ---In some special cases users want to zoom only into y or x directions, i.e. want to keep x or y fixed, as shown in the chart. This is achieved by the RatioLimit property (zrlFixedX, zrlFixedY). AdjustSelection=true gives a visual feedback by drawing the zoom rectangle across the entire chart for the restricted coordinate.

--- End quote ---

Cool feature!

TAChart has so many cool features one is not aware of as new Lazarus user and the XML info is at least for me a good starting point where to look in the docs. E.g. if there is already a tutorial in which the feature is used.
I know your spare time is limited, but when you could put it onto your ToDo list to add some XML info for AdjustSelection and also RatioLimit would be nice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version