Forum > Lazarus

We are now using GIT

<< < (13/15) > >>

MarkMLl:
OK, but it's not possible to find out from the IDE whether a particular patch etc. has been applied?

MarkMLl

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on September 04, 2021, 03:08:12 pm ---OK, but it's not possible to find out from the IDE whether a particular patch etc. has been applied?

--- End quote ---

No, but it wasn't before.

Say you knew a patch was applied in svn 55123 and the IDE was at 55500, then you still had to check that 55123 was on the same svn branch (fixes or trunk) as the IDE build on 55500.

Now you know the sha1 (and the branch, derived from the tag). You then have to check the git log, same as with svn.

Of course if you know the patch was applied at
   main-2_3-106-.....
And you know you current main is not on a diverged part of main, then you know if it is in or not.

dsiders:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on September 04, 2021, 03:08:12 pm ---OK, but it's not possible to find out from the IDE whether a particular patch etc. has been applied?

MarkMLl

--- End quote ---

For any given git question, you'll get 100+ ways to do any given thing. Here's what I use:

There is a commit that fixes some QT issues.

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---52f2a8b88f Qt,Qt5: Fixed menu radio items. issue #37741
It has been applied to main, but not fixes_2_2. I use the git command lines:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---git  log --oneline origin/main | grep 52f2a8b88fgit  log --oneline origin/fixes_2_2 | grep 52f2a8b88f
That'll show a result in main, and no result in fixes_2_2.

YMMV.

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: dsiders on September 04, 2021, 08:50:38 pm ---That'll show a result in main, and no result in fixes_2_2.

YMMV.

--- End quote ---

But I'm not asking about the repository, I'm asking about the IDE.

MarkMLl

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: dsiders on September 04, 2021, 08:50:38 pm ---
--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---git  log --oneline origin/main | grep 52f2a8b88fgit  log --oneline origin/fixes_2_2 | grep 52f2a8b88f
That'll show a result in main, and no result in fixes_2_2.

--- End quote ---

@Dsiders: While you did not put it as a question, I add some more answer anyway (not reaching 100+ though):

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} --- git log -1 "main^{/issue #37741}" git log -1 "fixes_2_2^{/issue #37741}"
or If you know its a commit in main (check with)

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} --- git branch --contains 52f2a8b88f --allThen you can search fixes (assuming there is a "cherry picked" notice

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} --- git log -1 fixes_2_2^{/52f2a8b88f}
or you could check, if an unmodified merge (no conflict / same patch) exists

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---git cherry fixes_2_2   52f2a8b88f 52f2a8b88f~152f2a8b88f is in main, the result will either be +52f2a8b88f or -52f2a8b88f => where "-" means it is merged. ("+" still avail for merging)
But that does not work if there was a conflict, or if the merge for some other reason was modified.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version