Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 2.2.0RC1 IDE could not find FPC sources in /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.2  (Read 6443 times)

watt314

My macOS version is Big Sur 11.5

I installed 
fpc-3.2.2.intelarm64-macosx.dmg
fpc-src-3.2.2-1-laz.pkg
Lazarus-2.2.0RC1-x86_64-macosx.pkg

When I launched Lazarus, there was error in the window Configure Lazarus IDE
In the item 'FPC sources'
the path  '/usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.2' does not exist.

The 2nd error is that 'Debugger' is blank.
Nothing could be selected.
It means that I should install the debugger manually.

This is the problem of Lazarus installation in macOS.

My experience in Windows 10, installation of Lazarus set the FPC sources and Debugger automatically.
I do not need to configure, and it runs smooth in Windows 10.

I suggest the installation more friendly in macOS.
Or, can someone let me know how to configure it manually?

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
1. It's unclear to me whether you found where your FPC sources are installed?

2. Please see the Wiki instructions which detail how to configure the debugger.

watt314

1. I found the FPC sources are installed in /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.0
    I copy the content of   /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.0    to   /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.2
    It seems working well, but there is a warning that the FPC sources is version 3.2.0

2. According to the instructions,
    My debugger is setting OK.
    The Lazarus can run now.

Thank you!

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
Honestly, if the src were originally in /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.0 and Lazarus tells you they are 3.2.0 I would strongly suspect that they are in fact 3.2.0

Please check that you installed the right package, consider removing the src and reinstalling, watching what the package tells you what it is as it installs.

You should not mix the fpc 3.2.2 compiler with 3.2.0 source code, will cause you confusion later on.

Davo
Lazarus 2, Linux (and reluctantly Win10, OSX)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

trev

• Global Moderator
I have confirmed that this release candidate 1 of the Lazarus IDE v2.2 incorrectly installs the FPC source to /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.0.

I renamed the directory (I'm assuming the source really is 3.2.2) to /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.2 and Lazarus was happy.

Unlike the original poster, Lazarus had configured the debugger correctly and I did not need to do anything other than select dwarf-3 on the first compilation of the nothing program with which Lazarus starts.

My installation was on a brand new, clean installation of Big Sur 11.5 on a 2018 Intel Mac mini.

I have noted the directory issue and another issue in the Lazarus RC1 announcement thread.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:01:26 am by trev »

trev

• Global Moderator
macOS Issue - secondary installation

The dialog which appears when there is already another configuration directory suggests an incorrect command line. See attachment.

It suggests:

Code: Text  [Select][+][-]
  1. open /Applications/Lazarus/lazarus.app/Contents/MacOS/lazarus --pcp=~/lazarus_test

which results in an unrecognised option error and even if you add the missing "--args" argument, you end up with Lazarus appearing but with no ability to use its menu which doesn't exist because it was not started from an application bundle.

The correct command is:

Code: Text  [Select][+][-]
  1. open /Applications/Lazarus/lazarus.app --args --pcp=~/.lazarus_test

trev

• Global Moderator
macOS Big Sur aarch64

After installation and with config and target set to defaults, Lazarus produces x86_64 executables and not aarch64 executables.

If I change the target CPU from Default to aarch64, the expected aarch64 executable is produced. However, starting a new project and it reverts back to x86_64.

[Update: The issue appears to be that Lazarus is not a Universal app like the FPC binaries, but just the x86_64 version, so it defaults to producing  x86_64 executables]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 12:46:32 pm by trev »

mattias

• Administrator
    • http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org
I have confirmed that this release candidate 1 of the Lazarus IDE v2.2 incorrectly installs the FPC source to /usr/local/share/fpcsrc/3.2.0.

I uploaded a fixed version. It will probably take sourceforge a few hours to scan and distribute it.

watt314

I uploaded a fixed version. It will probably take sourceforge a few hours to scan and distribute it.

Thank you!

fpc-src-3.2.2-2-laz.pkg
This new version resolves the problem.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018