Forum > General

[SOLVED] Multiple Installments of FPC

(1/3) > >>

lazarusbw:
Is it possible, hopefully even easy, to install the 3.2.2 FPC on the same Windows 7 system that now is home to 3.0.4 and Lazarus 2.0.6? The answer to "why do that?" would be time consuming beyond most people's patience. If there is a "yes" out there anywhere, wouldn't you know, there is going to be the eventual how from me. Thanks for listening.

wp:
On the second page (I think) of the installer there is a checkbox "Secondary installation". When you check it this installation will be independent of the previously installed Lazarus. Of course you must choose a different installation directory, and you should also select a different directory for the user settings, and do not register any file types. Of course you can repeat the same with other installations.

lucamar:
If all you want is FPC 3.2.0 alongside a Laz/FPC 2.0.6/3.0.4 then it's it's even simpler: just download and run the FPC 3.2.0 installer and it'll install 3.2.0 in his own (top level) directory c:\fpc\

Only problem you might find is with the search order in the PATH but that is easily solvable with a simple batch file to change the path to find first whichever FPC you want and back.

lazarusbw:
Amazingly rapid responses. That alone means off to sip some coffee just to calm down. Thank you for the advice. Now, off to coffee and installation explorations.

Bart:

--- Quote from: lazarusbw on July 23, 2021, 10:56:05 pm ---Is it possible, hopefully even easy, to install the 3.2.2 FPC on the same Windows 7 system that now is home to 3.0.4 and Lazarus 2.0.6?

--- End quote ---

Yes, I have fpc 3.0.4, 3.2.0, 3.2.2 and fpc trunk installed on my Windows (and Lazarus fixes branch and Lazarus trunk: both built from sources with fpc 3.2.2., and a Lazarus trunk compiled with fpc trunk).

Just run the official fpc installer.
You may need to adjust the systems path, so that by default your favorite fpc comes first in the path (or as the only one: if you have the win32->win64 crosscompiler installed for 3.0.4 and not for 3.2.2, then fpc -Px86_64 will in fact start the 3.0.4 crosscompiler, if 3.0.4 is in the systems path).

Bart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version