Forum > General

Bug? Compile fails with Lazarus 2.3.0 (Trunk, 2021-06-29) "Access Violation"

(1/3) > >>

ArminLinder:
When I compile, I get the following error message at the very end:

--- Quote ---unit1.pas(356,64075) Error: Compilation raised exception internally
Verbose: Compilation aborted
Debug: An unhandled exception occurred at $004087E3:
Debug: EAccessViolation: Access violation
Debug:   $004087E3
Debug:   $0056B702
Debug:   $0056C56E
Debug:   $00436BFC
Debug:   $004B81A6
Debug:   $0056B6E4
Debug:   $0056E842
Debug:   $00436C3B
Debug:   $00415065
Debug:
Verbose: C:\Lazarus\fpc\bin\i386-win32\ppc386.exe returned an error exitcode

--- End quote ---

There is nothing wrong with my program though, if I pick "Clean up and Build" or "Build", the next compile will succeed, and I can run the program *once*. If I touch a source file (add a comment and save without actually changing any code) the error comes back, until I do another "Build". Changing the config between "debug" and "release" will also clear the problem, guess because this triggers a rebuild too.

Anything I can do? Is this a known issue? If not, I'd rather attribute it to the FPC compiler but not Lazarus, right?

Armin.

marcov:
I think FPC trunk is funky atm. I tried to build a snapshot a few days back and it also failed.

ccrause:
Sounds similar to issues #33593 and #34024.  But could be an entirely new bug...

wp:
Hey Nimral, do you know how many combinations of Lazarus and FPC versions can exist on any widgetset? I guess it is a high number. Therefore, your notice is useless because you do not specify your FPC and Laz version. (I can guess from the error message that the OS is Windows).

Also the information  which project you compile would be useful. A standard GUI program? A console program? Sometime even empty

I rarely use FPC trunk, so let me exclude this. But any combination of compatible Laz and FPC versions are working - for sure. When you observe such an error it could also be a defective third-party package. Rule of thumb: every additionally installed unneeded package may decrease the stability of your system.

Another option might be the "intelligence" of your anti-virus program which maybe has decided to play fools with Laz/FPC once more. Always put your Lazarus/FPC and project folders on the whitelist of the AV.

AlexTP:
Lazarus 2.3.0 (Trunk, 2021-06-29)
win x32.

Why not the fresh Lazarus version? Now it's 2021-07.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version