Forum > Documentation (Maintaining -)

FPDoc Editor in Lazarus changes XML files as soon as it opens it

(1/2) > >>

avra:
This is my first FPC documentation update effort. I have expanded some type helpers in latest trunk code, so I would like to update sysutils documentation. When I click in Code Editor on method name (for example on HighestSetBitPos or ToHexString in TByteHelper) that I would like to see or update, I see their description in Lazarus FPDoc Editor and I can change them.

However as soon as I do this, original sysutils.xml encoding is changed from "ISO-8859-1" to "UTF-8", and many additional line endings get inserted (but only on specific tags - not all) as could be seen in attached screenshot. This means that after I make the needed changes, generated patch will be huge and probably rejected.

Can this be solved somehow? How to prevent FPDoc Editor in Lazarus making these unnecessary changes to XML documentation source?

I am trying to do this with 32bit fpcupdeluxe based trunks of both fpc and laz, on Win10 x64.

wp:
Yes this is an annoying "feature" of the FPDoc editor. I already had reported it but Michael van Canneyt either did not understand me or was not interested. Please post a bug report (or wait a few days until the transition to git is completed).

avra:
Does this happen on Linux, too? If it doesn't then as a temporary workaround I might try to update docs on Linux.

wp:
Never tried, but since this is "high-level" code I'd assume that this issue is independent of OS.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: wp on July 22, 2021, 02:56:41 pm ---Yes this is an annoying "feature" of the FPDoc editor. I already had reported it but Michael van Canneyt either did not understand me or was not interested. Please post a bug report (or wait a few days until the transition to git is completed).

--- End quote ---

Does Michael maintain the IDE build in editor?
Afaik that is a separate package independent of the stand-alone fpdoc editor.

For a start point: ide/fpdoceditwindow.pas

Or did I misread the OT?
It sounded to me like the build in editor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version