Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus portable  (Read 6166 times)

Hansvb

Lazarus portable
« on: July 22, 2021, 11:15:03 am »
Hi,

Is there a way to create a portable lazarus install? I am not allowed to install programs on my work pc and i want to use lazarus.

eny

Re: Lazarus portable
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 11:19:46 am »
Assuming it's Windows you can install Lazarus on another PC, put the whole Lazarus install dir in a zip-file, copy over to the target PC and unzip in exactly the same dir structure (including drive letter).
All posts based on: Win10 (Win64); Lazarus 2.0.10 'stable' (x64) unless specified otherwise...

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 11:29:44 am »
Select the "other install" or something like that option while installing. This creates a more standalone version.

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 12:42:44 pm »
I am not allowed to install programs on my work pc and i want to use lazarus.
Use fpcupdeluxe to get FPC and LAZ combo you need. Let's say that you stored it to c:\Prg\Lazarus\TrunkAll\. Shortcut will be created and placed on your desktop. Copy shortcut to c:\Prg\Lazarus\TrunkAll\. Now parameterize your Lazarus, and install all components and libraries you need. Now take your directory TrunkAll, copy it to c:\Prg\Lazarus\ on your job pc, and use shortcut from TrunkAll dir to start Lazarus. It is portable enough and will work without problems.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

Gustavo 'Gus' Carreno

• Professional amateur ;-P
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 02:22:51 pm »
Hey Hansvb,

Like Avra so kindly suggested you can use fpcudeluxe to install it on your Home PC and then transfer the folder to your Work PC.

But let me suggest another option: Cut one step, the one where you have to copy to the Wrok PC.

The fact is that fpcupdeluxe ALSO does not need to be installed.
When you navigate to the Release section on GitHub and download the latest release, it's a *.exe that needs no install, jut run it.

As long as you avoid Program Files, and the 64b one that I always forget, you can install Lazarus where ever you want and it won't trigger any work policy constraints.

It's also a plus that fpcupdeluxe makes is REALLY easy to setup cross-compiling and add some initial packages, like the Docking one to make Lazarus more 21st Century, ;)

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,
Gus
Lazarus 3.99(main) FPC 3.3.1(main) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
Lazarus 3.0.0(stable) FPC 3.2.2(stable) Ubuntu 23.10 64b Dark Theme
http://github.com/gcarreno

paweld

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 03:20:07 pm »
Best regards / Pozdrawiam
paweld

TinyPortal © 2005-2018