Recent

Author Topic: MultiLanguage: .mo files are being ignored  (Read 1190 times)

dietmar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 154
MultiLanguage: .mo files are being ignored
« on: July 19, 2021, 03:01:52 pm »
Hi @all,

after some years of pausing Lazarus development, I just started again with a small project and the problems I had years ago with MultiLanguage - these days, I managed to create a working multilanguage application, but when I try to distribute it, I run into problems.

My directory structure looks like this:
project (main folder): project1.exe
!--languages (sub folder): project1.de.mo, project1.en.mo

With this setting, switching from the default (German) to English (en) does not work. It seems the .mo files are just being ignored. When I add the .PO files to the subfolder, it works.

Can you advise? I just don't want to have to distribute the plain text .po files...

Thx!
Dietmar
Lazarus 2.2.0RC1 with FPC 3.2.2 (32 Bit) on Windows10 (64Bit)

wp

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8787
Re: MultiLanguage: .mo files are being ignored
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 07:13:35 pm »
Please post your question on the Lazarus mailing list, the maintainer of the translation system, Maxim Ganetsky, can be contacted there. But I guess he will tell you that .mo files are not supported as much as .po files (that's what he told me when I asked him once about a similar problem). IIRC, mo files can be used but no po file must be in the language folder with the mo files, not even the template file with the extension .pot.
Mainly Lazarus trunk / fpc 3.2.0 / all 32-bit on Win-10, but many more...

 

TinyPortal © 2005-2018