Recent

Author Topic: Save your Bugtracker/Mantis login => Reminder: Moving to GitLab  (Read 18247 times)

valdir.marcos

Re: Save your Bugtracker/Mantis login => Reminder: Moving to GitLab
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2021, 02:49:20 am »
To clarify:

We can't create an gitlab issue in someone else's name. All issues will be reported by the same "fpc" account. All notes will be added by that account.

But, we can add a bit of text that says "this ... was created by mantis-user martin_f @martin_frb
Then if someone adds a new note, and want to refer to a previous, they know who wrote it, and can do "@martin_frb" if they need.

If we do not have the gitlab name, then we just use the mantis name, and there is no @martin_frb

As for assigning: the gitlab issues can be assigned to gitlab accounts during conversion. But here we only need the accounts of those few who have developer status in mantis.
I knew about the version control part in GIT systems.
My doubt was about the bug tracker database (issues).
Thanks.

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2021, 10:04:53 am »
It's always the project (and its devs) that makes the rules, not the users.

Hum not sure to adhere with this but yes, it is (sadly) how lot of things work.
But not always, sometimes it is the users that define the rules (it is the idea of "marketing").

Imho, the users should be the kings.

We are not in a free market situation here. And even then I don't agree that the "customer should be king" (or the user in this case), cause that usually leads to problematic situations for the employees (or the devs in this case).

Sven, I dont like how you treat Winni.

Winni, like other precious users, helps a lot for fpc, and maybe much more than some pretentious "core" developers.

Well, and I don't like someone critizing the route the project takes either with single word posts that explain absolutely nothing ("Stoneage IT") or expecting that the needs for the project and devs will adhere to those of a user (however helpful that user might be).

Fred vS

• StrumPract is the musicians best friend
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2021, 11:24:44 am »
Thanks for the answer.

To cloture the thing, it seems to me that "Stoneage IT" was more related about how the announce of conversion to git was done.

Did you remember the episode of fpc-Nabble that decides to stop to update the mailing list without any warning to nobody, even not user-maintainers?
And the effect that it did?

For such a big change, like moving to git, the minimum should have been to prevent every fpc-Mantis members, via a personal email of the change.

Note that personally, I am very happy that fpc moves to git, I never liked SVN, to much things to install, not friendly, etc...

And, like proposed many years ago, the advice of precious helpers should have more considerations.
fpc would never have survived until now without them.

They help giving their energy and time totally for free, without waiting for any medals.
They are the true heroes in fact.

Peace.

Fre;D
I use Lazarus 2.2.0 32/64 and FPC 3.2.2 32/64 on Debian 11 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 7 32/64, Windows XP 32,  FreeBSD 64.
Widgetset: fpGUI, MSEgui, Win32, GTK2, Qt.

https://github.com/fredvs
https://gitlab.com/fredvs
https://codeberg.org/fredvs

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2021, 12:18:20 pm »
To cloture the thing, it seems to me that "Stoneage IT" was more related about how the announce of conversion to git was done.

Did you remember the episode of fpc-Nabble that decides to stop to update the mailing list without any warning to nobody, even not user-maintainers?
And the effect that it did?

For such a big change, like moving to git, the minimum should have been to prevent every fpc-Mantis members, via a personal email of the change.

There are thousands (?) of mantis accounts. Most of them abandoned. We can't mail them all. And many would not want that.

About the timing: The Announcement was first made on 27th June. (That is the mantis part, the "moving to git" was done on 22nd June)
That is not a massive amount of time, but it wasn't "last minute".
(There should have been announcements on the mail lists, but I can't find them. Maybe they got lost. They went out (again?) when the "banner" was added.)
It also went on twitter.

And it is not a crucial/survival matter. It's a courtesy, for those who whish to have means of contact on any issue they reported.
They issues themself will be there. And the reporter name too.

When we noticed that the reply-rate to the announcement was lower than expected, we decided to get a bit more noticeable.
So anyone who now was surprised by the banner, really should consider to read our announcements when we make them.

440bx

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2021, 12:57:01 pm »
There are thousands (?) of mantis accounts. Most of them abandoned. We can't mail them all. And many would not want that.
That's a very good point.  This move is the right time to do a little "spring cleaning" (get rid of abandoned accounts.)
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Fred vS

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2021, 12:58:45 pm »

Hum, I was thinking, of course, about Mantis accounts that have submitted patch or participated in the bug tracker.
Really more than thousand, I have doubt.

But ok, let's close the subject, you are too perfect to accept advice.

Fre;D
I use Lazarus 2.2.0 32/64 and FPC 3.2.2 32/64 on Debian 11 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 7 32/64, Windows XP 32,  FreeBSD 64.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2021, 01:39:00 pm »

Hum, I was thinking, of course, about Mantis accounts that have submitted patch or participated in the bug tracker.

That indeed could have been done. 
I don't know if it hadn't been thought off, or if it had been thought that those people will be on the forum/mail-list anyway.

Unfortunately the remaining few days are completely booked out.
Plenty of people from the teams had to coordinate to get a working schedule, and they are all busy sticking to that time table now.

Fred vS

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2021, 03:19:31 pm »

That indeed could have been done. 
I don't know if it hadn't been thought off, or if it had been thought that those people will be on the forum/mail-list anyway.

Unfortunately the remaining few days are completely booked out.
Plenty of people from the teams had to coordinate to get a working schedule, and they are all busy sticking to that time table now.

I am sure that somebody in team will find energy and time for this very primordial thing: respect for contributors (even if they are not part of the core).

Hop. hop - like Winni said.

;)

Fre;D

devEric69

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2021, 05:51:26 pm »
[snip] mantis accounts [snip] most of them abandoned. We can't mail them all. And many would not want that.

Just for information, the mailbox bugs@freepascal.org does not answer neither: "Mail Delivery System: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender":

Code: Text  [Select][+][-]
  1. <bugs@freepascal.org>: host mail.freepascal.org[178.33.235.90] said: 550 5.1.1 <bugs@freepascal.org>:
  2. Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
  4. Reporting-MTA: dns; mlpnf0119 Original-Recipient: rfc822;bugs@freepascal.org Final-Recipient: rfc822;bugs@freepascal.org Action: failed Status: 5.1.1 Diagnostic-Code: smtp; : host mail.freepascal.org[178.33.235.90] said: 550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table; Remote-MTA: dns; mail.freepascal.org
  6. X-mail-filterd: {"version":"1.2.2","queueID":"4GPWgq5XhrznTV2","contextId":"05e13a38-bbea-4338-93f4-0283b0dc1f61"} Received: from outgoing-mail.laposte.net (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]) by mlpnf0113.laposte.net (SMTP Server) with ESMTP id 4GPWgq5XhrznTV2 for ; Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:59:51 +0200 (CEST) X-mail-filterd: {"version":"1.2.2","queueID":"4GPWgq509PznTTg","contextId":"df814b2b-5470-4f15-a922-4870777c435b"} X-lpn-mailing: LEGIT X-lpn-spamrating: 40 X-lpn-spamlevel: not-spam X-lpn-spamcause: OK, (0)(0000)gggruggvucftvghtrhhoucdtuddrgedvtddrudeigddtudcutefuodetggdotefrodftvfcurfhrohhfihhlvgemucfntefrqffuvffgpdfqfgfvpdggtfgfnhhsuhgsshgtrhhisggvnecuuegrihhlohhuthemuceftddtnecunecujfgurhepfffhrhfvkffugggtihesrgdtsggstddtjeenucfhrhhomhepvghrihgtrdhmohhuthhivgeslhgrphhoshhtvgdrnhgvthenucggtffrrghtthgvrhhnpeetueefhfehhfdvffehueeggfegheffkefhveevgfekjedvfeefffevfeehjeegveenucfkphepledtrdeihedruddtledrleejnecuvehluhhsthgvrhfuihiivgeptdenucfrrghrrghmpehhvghlohepfihlphhnfhdtvddtjedrshihshdrmhgvshhhtghorhgvrdhnvghtpdhinhgvthepledtrdeihedruddtledrleejpdhmrghilhhfrhhomhepvghrihgtrdhmohhuthhivgeslhgrphhoshhtvgdrnhgvthdprhgtphhtthhopegsuhhgshesfhhrvggvphgrshgtrghlrdhorhhg Received: from wlpnf0207.sys.meshcore.net (wlpnf0207.sys.meshcore.net [90.65.109.97]) by mlpnf0113.laposte.net (SMTP Server) with ESMTPA id 4GPWgq509PznTTg for ; Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:59:51 +0200 (CEST) Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:59:51 +0200 (CEST) From: bip.bip@laposte.net Reply-To: bip.bip@laposte.net To: Mantis Bug Tracker Message-ID: <740481868.697259.1626206391598@wlpnf0207> Subject: Re: Mentioned in [Lazarus 0039200]: Add cosmetic information on address entry MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_Part_697258_1064273828.1626206391597" X-ORIGINATING-IP: 90.65.109.97 X-Wum-Nature: EMAIL-NATURE X-SAVECOPY: true X-WUM-FROM: |~| X-WUM-TO: |~| X-WUM-REPLYTO: |~| DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=laposte.net; s=lpn-wlmd; t=1626213608; bh=GFzo90R/2UR0/xIXO4ObcKumtNJN1A5p4lLcZGeC07k=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=nFLtiEEiWsFPiR5uSFzSKJ/Cn0nA3zQzOwD0YkhSDI7A+4Wt7TFd0Yvqs3WUh1pHsMwWPCyb7QOilq8xNVPGei8a9yLS9aMzx4NPGhGIZnmi5z76eqbCHHfoIeO/FmrUQDimitZE4dn3zvALDdxFChrL4+1SJpitTh8huJ2nRrzaL5PMTkKCPTUefUoxnNb19aLJF8r6hSENQbFekAe64hd7/no26auav7CqEqf1rm/vQqIWtBqDP4kuHDMrOwJ+5EubxKLlups9ZHRSVb1dzPRDaJGLK4oVfi/WjrHBUk6r+Xl6GSJ4qomtDmH5Y9mCCL6gBNYMY8hh/0zza7yXNw==;
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 06:02:57 pm by devEric69 »
use: Linux 64 bits (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS).
Lazarus version: 2.0.4 (svn revision: 62502M) compiled with fpc 3.0.4 - fpDebug \ Dwarf3.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018