Forum > Windows

[SOLVED] Removing elevated privileges

(1/2) > >>

calm_sea:
Hello everybody. I used Lazarus to write a quite large application on Linux (everything good). But now, going to recompile with Windows, the executable produces the UAC warning. I've done a lot of testing, but I can't identify which part of my code requires elevated privileges.  Is there a quick way to locate it?

marcov:
Sometimes it is only the file name. Programs with certain words in it, like setup and install, automatically get UAC.

calm_sea:
Ok the problem was simple. I had the options project - run level - require administrator ! But the strange thing is that I don't beleave I've ever set it up  :o and also I have just verified that the default for a new project is asinvoker, both in windows and in linux. I don't understand ... however now it's ok

lucamar:

--- Quote from: calm_sea on July 15, 2021, 01:40:24 pm ---But the strange thing is that I don't beleave I've ever set it up  :o
--- End quote ---

Probably sometime or other you went to change another option (DPI awareness?) and changed that one by mistake. It happens when you're in a hurry ...

calm_sea:
I did other tests, for example, create project from linux and reopen it from windows, change folder permissions, etc ... nothing ...I believe it is as you say ... hurry  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version