Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 2.2.0  (Read 103045 times)

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 2.2.0
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2021, 01:31:25 am »
On Linux, QT5 app on Gnome should run under the QT Wayland plugin. And Lazarus apps do drop a message to console when they startup to that effect.

However, when the plugin is installed (eg qtwayland5 in Debian/Ubuntu) and the env var is set, they deliver the same warning and a handful of new ones. All seem to be coming from QT rather than Lazarus but I guess Lazarus code is tickling then up.

Code: [Select]
dbannon@deb-Test-Bull:~/Test$  QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland  ./qt5Test-fix
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()
This plugin supports grabbing the mouse only for popup windows

Davo
Lazarus 3, Linux (and reluctantly Win10/11, OSX Monterey)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

PeterBB

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2021, 02:16:52 pm »
Thanks for applying #35478. Its missing from the release notes/fixes but included in the code.
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35478   :)

However, #37556 is open, so the fpgui widget set will still not compile in Linux.
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37556   :'(

Regards,
Peter

d7_2_laz

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2021, 02:26:49 pm »
Windows x64  - lazarus-2.2.0RC1-fpc-3.2.2-win64.exe: parallel install:
choosing a separate install folder and a separate config dir:
At the step "Fertigstellen" (complete the installation) the process simply quits without any message.
-
When startinig now the Lazarus-exe from explorer, i see the "Lazarus-IDE einrichten" (Setup IDE) dialog claiming: "there is a problem with the Fppkg configuration. ()".
If i say "write a new one". it does overwrite the already existing one C:\Users\<the-user-username>\AppData\Local\FreePascal\fppkg\fppkg.cfg
What would be the correct step to go?
--
At this occasion: at previous installations, and now too, during the install procedure i had the error message saying there is an error creating file (access denied):for ssleay32.dll and  libeay21.dll.  I decided to ignore that.  Does that harm?

Thanks a lot!
Lazarus 3.2  FPC 3.2.2 Win10 64bit

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2021, 02:54:41 pm »
At the step "Fertigstellen" (complete the installation) the process simply quits without any message.
Isn't that after the installer finished?
Isn't this expected?

When startinig now the Lazarus-exe from explorer, i see the "Lazarus-IDE einrichten" (Setup IDE) dialog claiming: "there is a problem with the Fppkg configuration. ()".
If i say "write a new one". it does overwrite the already existing one C:\Users\<the-user-username>\AppData\Local\FreePascal\fppkg\fppkg.cfg
--
At this occasion: at previous installations, and now too, during the install procedure i had the error message saying there is an error creating file (access denied):for ssleay32.dll and  libeay21.dll.  I decided to ignore that.  Does that harm?

Afaik Fppkg only supports one global config.
That is something that might best be asked on the fpc mail list.

dll:
That may be when you try to install them globally, but do not have admin rights.
For the IDE it is enough to have them locally (online package manager needs them).

If you write your own apps that use them, then you need to put copies into your apps dir.
So should be no harm.

wp

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2021, 02:56:03 pm »
When you reach "Fertigstellen" Lazarus is installed at least - that's something! In fact I don't even know what happens when I click "Fertigstellen" - is there a final message "Installation completed"? I don't think so.

If have numerous seconday installations and this appears from time to time. Writing a new Fppkg config always solved the problem

These are the openssl dlls needed by the online-package-manager for accessing https. The installer gives you the option to install them locally, i.e. to copy them into the folder in which lazarus.exe resides - this should have worked; please have a look; if they are not here OPM will not work. The other option is to install the dlls globally, i.e. to copy them into the Windows\System directory. Depending on your permissions you may not be allowed to do this and you will probably get the error message reported. The only advantage of having the openssl dlls in the Windows\System dir is that you do not have to care about them when you write a program accessing https sites.

d7_2_laz

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2021, 03:33:34 pm »
Martin_fr and wp: thanks for your both's infos!

About some items:
- Yes, i installed via non-admin user (that's normmally my preferred option, unless i have indication or be aware that admin is required)
- Yt a "normal" (singular) install, i was used that, after the file copies, the "setup IDE" dialog appears.
  As well as the possibility to choose the target OS; this time it didn't appear.
- About the two files related to "access denied": yes, obviously expects an admin user.
  But note: previously i noticed no problems so far i got a aware being due tu them. And also could use the OPM from time to time.

I had not been sure if Fppkg config should be better distinct. For the moment i let it stay overwritten. I've a backup, if later needed.
About the choice of the target OS, i assume i'll do it now specifically via the project options.

Sorry for irritations and questions, it had been my first secondary install, so the unsureness.
I could open the project now. Thank you a lot!

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2021, 03:57:07 pm »
- Yt a "normal" (singular) install, i was used that, after the file copies, the "setup IDE" dialog appears.
  As well as the possibility to choose the target OS; this time it didn't appear.

The dialog should appear on first start.

I am not suer what "choose target os". That is not part of that dialog.

d7_2_laz

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2021, 05:01:25 pm »
Martin_fr,  i thought i remembered there had been something like such, but the last install meanwhile happened a couple of months ago ... sorry!  No problem!  Thank you!

Gald

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2021, 05:35:22 am »
Could you please look into this particular issue?

https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=39015

There are a few things in Object Inspector to be refined and it looks very easy to do.
Lazarus 2.0.12 r64642 FPC 3.2.0 x86_64-win64-win32/win64/Manjaro KDE 21
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor 3.50 GHz / 8,00 GB RAM / GTX 1500 TI / 2TB M.2 NVMe

esdonis

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2021, 09:24:31 pm »
I have tried to install the lazreportpdfexport0.9 package on windows 7 32 bit and it gives me the following error:

lr_e_pdf.pas(539,19) Error: identifier idents no member "SubType"
lr_e_pdf.pas(540,26) Error: identifier idents no member "URI"

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2021, 11:34:11 am »
There are a few things in Object Inspector to be refined and it looks very easy to do.
In that case please provide a patch.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

d7_2_laz

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2021, 03:01:44 pm »
Something quite different ... obviously it was misplaced in topic FpDebug, but maybe i might ask here:
Small question: i noticed that with 2.2 RC1 "OutputDebugString" does no longer generates output for the event window ("Ereignis-Protokoll"). // OS Windows
I use it oftenly as a little helper for to trace something temporarely, without needing then additional includes (except unit Windows) or logging frameworks.
Is that by intention or can i reactivate a usage of OutputDebugString by a setting?
Debugger info type is still set as before (Dwarf2).

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2021, 06:22:34 pm »
Something quite different ... obviously it was misplaced in topic FpDebug, but maybe i might ask here:
Small question: i noticed that with 2.2 RC1 "OutputDebugString" does no longer generates output for the event window ("Ereignis-Protokoll"). // OS Windows
I use it oftenly as a little helper for to trace something temporarely, without needing then additional includes (except unit Windows) or logging frameworks.
Is that by intention or can i reactivate a usage of OutputDebugString by a setting?
Debugger info type is still set as before (Dwarf2).
Are you using 2.2rc1 with fpdebug or gdb?

IIRC OutputDebugString  is for a debugserver.

gdb (or some gdb versions?) may include that.
Afaik fpdebug not yet.

Personally I use "debugln" and compile the app with a console -WC

440bx

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2021, 07:22:33 pm »
A "plain" debugger can respond to the OUTPUT_DEBUG_STRING_EVENT which is the event sent to the debugger to notify it that it received a string from the program being debugged.  It's fairly simple to implement.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2021, 07:25:13 pm »
A "plain" debugger can respond to the OUTPUT_DEBUG_STRING_EVENT which is the event sent to the debugger to notify it that it received a string from the program being debugged.  It's fairly simple to implement.
Yes, IIRC I even saw the docs for how it is send.

Just haven't gotten around yet do add it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018