Forum > Lazarus

Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 2.2.0

<< < (4/27) > >>

dbannon:
On Linux, QT5 app on Gnome should run under the QT Wayland plugin. And Lazarus apps do drop a message to console when they startup to that effect.

However, when the plugin is installed (eg qtwayland5 in Debian/Ubuntu) and the env var is set, they deliver the same warning and a handful of new ones. All seem to be coming from QT rather than Lazarus but I guess Lazarus code is tickling then up.

--- Code: ---dbannon@deb-Test-Bull:~/Test$  QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland  ./qt5Test-fix
Warning: Ignoring XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread
qt.qpa.wayland: Wayland does not support QWindow::requestActivate()
This plugin supports grabbing the mouse only for popup windows
--- End code ---

Davo

PeterBB:
Thanks for applying #35478. Its missing from the release notes/fixes but included in the code.
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=35478   :)

However, #37556 is open, so the fpgui widget set will still not compile in Linux.
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37556   :'(

Regards,
Peter

d7_2_laz:
Windows x64  - lazarus-2.2.0RC1-fpc-3.2.2-win64.exe: parallel install:
choosing a separate install folder and a separate config dir:
At the step "Fertigstellen" (complete the installation) the process simply quits without any message.
-
When startinig now the Lazarus-exe from explorer, i see the "Lazarus-IDE einrichten" (Setup IDE) dialog claiming: "there is a problem with the Fppkg configuration. ()".
If i say "write a new one". it does overwrite the already existing one C:\Users\<the-user-username>\AppData\Local\FreePascal\fppkg\fppkg.cfg
What would be the correct step to go?
--
At this occasion: at previous installations, and now too, during the install procedure i had the error message saying there is an error creating file (access denied):for ssleay32.dll and  libeay21.dll.  I decided to ignore that.  Does that harm?

Thanks a lot!

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: d7_2_laz on July 13, 2021, 02:26:49 pm ---Windows x64  - lazarus-2.2.0RC1-fpc-3.2.2-win64.exe: parallel install:
At the step "Fertigstellen" (complete the installation) the process simply quits without any message.

--- End quote ---
Isn't that after the installer finished?
Isn't this expected?

--- Quote ---
When startinig now the Lazarus-exe from explorer, i see the "Lazarus-IDE einrichten" (Setup IDE) dialog claiming: "there is a problem with the Fppkg configuration. ()".
If i say "write a new one". it does overwrite the already existing one C:\Users\<the-user-username>\AppData\Local\FreePascal\fppkg\fppkg.cfg
--
At this occasion: at previous installations, and now too, during the install procedure i had the error message saying there is an error creating file (access denied):for ssleay32.dll and  libeay21.dll.  I decided to ignore that.  Does that harm?

--- End quote ---

Afaik Fppkg only supports one global config.
That is something that might best be asked on the fpc mail list.

dll:
That may be when you try to install them globally, but do not have admin rights.
For the IDE it is enough to have them locally (online package manager needs them).

If you write your own apps that use them, then you need to put copies into your apps dir.
So should be no harm.

wp:

--- Quote from: d7_2_laz on July 13, 2021, 02:26:49 pm ---Windows x64  - lazarus-2.2.0RC1-fpc-3.2.2-win64.exe: parallel install:
--- End quote ---
When you reach "Fertigstellen" Lazarus is installed at least - that's something! In fact I don't even know what happens when I click "Fertigstellen" - is there a final message "Installation completed"? I don't think so.

--- Quote from: d7_2_laz on July 13, 2021, 02:26:49 pm ---When startinig now the Lazarus-exe from explorer, i see the "Lazarus-IDE einrichten" (Setup IDE) dialog claiming: "there is a problem with the Fppkg configuration. ()".

--- End quote ---
If have numerous seconday installations and this appears from time to time. Writing a new Fppkg config always solved the problem

--- Quote from: d7_2_laz on July 13, 2021, 02:26:49 pm ---At this occasion: at previous installations, and now too, during the install procedure i had the error message saying there is an error creating file (access denied):for ssleay32.dll and  libeay21.dll.  I decided to ignore that.  Does that harm?

--- End quote ---
These are the openssl dlls needed by the online-package-manager for accessing https. The installer gives you the option to install them locally, i.e. to copy them into the folder in which lazarus.exe resides - this should have worked; please have a look; if they are not here OPM will not work. The other option is to install the dlls globally, i.e. to copy them into the Windows\System directory. Depending on your permissions you may not be allowed to do this and you will probably get the error message reported. The only advantage of having the openssl dlls in the Windows\System dir is that you do not have to care about them when you write a program accessing https sites.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version