Forum > Lazarus

Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 2.2.0

<< < (27/27)

fblu:
Hi,

I have a question about the new debugger.
In the final release, is the debugging going to support watching the properties of objects in the code?
For example, I tried the new RC1, and when hovering the mouse over a line written edit1.text, the debugger showed a yellow hint written "Edit1.Text = ???". And if I add a watch for "edit1.text", it says "<error:member not found: text>".

I also can't watch the contents of any kinds of lists, such as TStringLists.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: fblu on October 29, 2021, 09:39:01 am ---In the final release, is the debugging going to support watching the properties of objects in the code?
For example, I tried the new RC1, and when hovering the mouse over a line written edit1.text, the debugger showed a yellow hint written "Edit1.Text = ???". And if I add a watch for "edit1.text", it says "<error:member not found: text>".

I also can't watch the contents of any kinds of lists, such as TStringLists.

--- End quote ---

Not in Lazarus 2.2.

This feature needs changes to the compiler. Afaik Joost is working on that.

IIRC, Stringlist can be explored (very rudimentary) in the "debug inspector", by following the FList variable.

fblu:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on October 29, 2021, 03:17:46 pm ---Not in Lazarus 2.2.

This feature needs changes to the compiler. Afaik Joost is working on that.

IIRC, Stringlist can be explored (very rudimentary) in the "debug inspector", by following the FList variable.

--- End quote ---
I see, thanks.

BSaidus:
Hello,
With witch version of FPC the Lazarus IDE 2.2 will be built.
Do you think that we will see : lazarus-2.2-fpc-3.2.4 ??

thanks.

JuhaManninen:

--- Quote from: BSaidus on November 03, 2021, 09:31:04 pm ---With witch version of FPC the Lazarus IDE 2.2 will be built.
Do you think that we will see : lazarus-2.2-fpc-3.2.4 ??

--- End quote ---
It will be FPC 3.2.2. The next one will probably use FPC 3.2.4.
FPC releases typically take a long time. Let's hope 3.2.4 comes in time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version