Forum > Lazarus

Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 2.2.0

<< < (26/27) > >>

JuhaManninen:
I applied the patch in 99e4bd2515. It will be merged to 2.2.
Yes, it improved the menu position of a GTK2 app under my KDE, although it was not totally bad even earlier.
The popup menu opens also with left mouse button. Is it intentional? The QT5 version opens popup only with right button.
The app compiled for GTK3 works here, too, identically with the GTK2 app.

dbannon:

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on October 20, 2021, 11:18:56 am ---I applied the patch in 99e4bd2515. It will be merged to 2.2.

--- End quote ---
Brilliant !  Thanks, really sorry I did not pick it up earlier.

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on October 20, 2021, 11:18:56 am ---Yes, it improved the menu position of a GTK2 app under my KDE, although it was not totally bad even earlier.

--- End quote ---
Its mainly a problem on systems using Gnome on Wayland. On my test VM, it pops up anywhere. It was a problems when Wayland first appeared, particularly on Fedora, when people where making Gnome plugins to bring back the old SysTray. In the name of simplicity, Gnome had been trying to stamp out SysTray for some time. Trouble is that Gnome is the default Desktop for the big distros, Fedora, Ubuntu and SUSe.

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on October 20, 2021, 11:18:56 am ---The popup menu opens also with left mouse button. Is it intentional? The QT5 version opens popup only with right button.

--- End quote ---
I am not sure. One of the declared aims of the System Tray replacements, the AppIndicators, was that all you could do was respond to a click, you cannot get a right click back, a double click, a drag and so on. On some desktops a right click is reserved for configuring the panel the icon sits in, others its just sent back indistinguishable from a left click.

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on October 20, 2021, 11:18:56 am ---The app compiled for GTK3 works here, too, identically with the GTK2 app.

--- End quote ---
Yes, it works fine on my desktop too. I have no idea whats wrong on U2110. I suspect it might be that my code that queries X is to blame, so another reason to get rid of it from LCL.

update: Hmm, still on U2110 and GTK3 version. Bypass my X code and it no longer crashes but it does not work well at all.  No sign of the checkbox and the text in the Memo is far too tiny to read. A way to go with GTK3 I am afraid. I don't think it relates to TrayIcon but will make sure.

EDIT: No, those strange behaviours in GTK3 do not relate to TrayIcon. GTK3 is one sick puppy !

Davo

BSaidus:
Hello, All.
I've downloaded Lazarus_2.2 fixes ( https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/tree/fixes_2_2 ), compiled it succefully, And tried install some components.
Work well but there is some components that to not install from LazarusCCR ( jvcl, richmemo ).

wp:
RichMemo is no longer maintained on CCR although the files are still there; you must get the version from the author's github (see readme.txt in CCR's RichMemo folder). Or use the version distributed by the Online-Package-Manager (OPM) - it works, I just tested it on Laz-fixes/fpc-fixes

I also tested JVCL from OPM with Laz-fixes/fpc-fixed - it works too. Installation of the CCR version is a bit cumbersome because of the large number of packages. I just installed the JvclAll package which links in all other packages - and this worked again (I am not 100% sure though because my system may be contaminated by previous installations of JVCL); otherwise see the manual installation instruction on the wiki page (https://wiki.freepascal.org/JVCL_Components#Installation).

So please be more specific on what exacty you did, and always report the error message and error location if possible.

BSaidus:

--- Quote from: wp on October 26, 2021, 03:58:02 pm ---RichMemo is no longer maintained on CCR although the files are still there; you must get the version from the author's github (see readme.txt in CCR's RichMemo folder). Or use the version distributed by the Online-Package-Manager (OPM) - it works, I just tested it on Laz-fixes/fpc-fixes

I also tested JVCL from OPM with Laz-fixes/fpc-fixed - it works too. Installation of the CCR version is a bit cumbersome because of the large number of packages. I just installed the JvclAll package which links in all other packages - and this worked again (I am not 100% sure though because my system may be contaminated by previous installations of JVCL); otherwise see the manual installation instruction on the wiki page (https://wiki.freepascal.org/JVCL_Components#Installation).

So please be more specific on what exacty you did, and always report the error message and error location if possible.

--- End quote ---

Thanks @wp for response,
I was in a bit of a hurry this morning and effectevelly I did'nt give more informations about errors.
So, OK I'll try to use packages from OPM.
I use lazarus_2.2_fixes with fpc 3.2.2 release.

Thnks you all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version