Forum > Windows

[Solved] Where is procedure Delete(), often used in old DELPHI code ?

(1/3) > >>

PeterX:
Hi,

I searched the WWW but ..
I searched the Forum but ..

I have a old Delphi file where there was

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---      begin        delete( s, length(s), 1);        ...      end; 
Originally in uses there was

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---uses  Windows,... 
But with Interfaces  and JwaWindows  the  delete()  procedure cannot be found
says the compiler ..

I searched the LAZARUS installation folder and ..
I found out, in Freepascal the delete function is in:  system.fpd
Also in  systemh.inc line 1082
But it didn't help me jet ..

Which Unit in USES
do I need to be able to call   delete()  ?

%)

marcov:
Delete, as all functions in system.fpd are built-ins. They are core language parts and built in to the compiler.

The system.fpd is a mock declaration of them for the documentation system, as these functions are documented. Built-ins are always there (only depending on compiler mode), but they are documented as part of system.

PeterX:

--- Quote from: marcov on July 11, 2021, 02:04:59 pm ---Delete, as all functions in system.fpd are built-ins. They are core language parts and built in to the compiler.

The system.fpd is a mock declaration of them for the documentation system, as these functions are documented. Built-ins are always there (only depending on compiler mode), but they are documented as part of system.

--- End quote ---
Okay,

but when commenting out Windows in USES, and using JwaWindows instead,
I get xxx.pas(377,15) Error: Illegal expression

I use {$mode objfpc}{$H+}

Probably some other of my Units has also declared a delete() procedure or function.
This is the only reason I could imagine, why delete() is hidden ..

marcov:

--- Quote from: PeterX on July 11, 2021, 02:07:27 pm ---Probably some other of my Units has also declared a delete() procedure or function.
This is the only reason I could imagine, why delete() is hidden ..

--- End quote ---

Just call system.delete() in such cases.

And in general, just use Windows as much as possible, and if it has deficiencies, file bugs.

Moreover, if you need jwa* stuff, use specific units rather than the jwawindows one.

PeterX:
[You where faster ..]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version