Forum > Win32/64

Program doesn't close. PeekMessage always has WM_QUIT

<< < (3/3)

Remy Lebeau:

--- Quote from: 440bx on July 07, 2021, 04:21:35 pm ---My question is, why are you posting another WM_QUIT ?

--- End quote ---

Because it is the right thing to do, see: Modality, part 3: The WM_QUIT message

engkin:

--- Quote from: wk on July 08, 2021, 09:53:58 am ---When the program closes, debugger gets to line 404. The 'break' jumps out of 'while PeekMessage' (line 399) to the outer 'repeat until false' to line 375. This repeats forever. I hope the highlights in the code help.

--- End quote ---

This loop depends on the value retVal gets in line 390. If that value is WAIT_TIMEOUT, it exits the outer loop in line 424.

Let's approach this in a different way,  can you produce a small project that gets stuck in the inner loop with WM_QUIT?

wk:
Thanks for the help so far.
I'm going on vacation for two weeks without computer. So this has to wait a bit.

wk:
To end this:
I found

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---PostQuitMessage(0);hidden in some old part of the code. Removing this line fixed everything.
Thanks for all your help.

engkin:

--- Quote from: wk on August 10, 2021, 05:30:01 pm ---To end this:
I found

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---PostQuitMessage(0);hidden in some old part of the code. Removing this line fixed everything.
Thanks for all your help.

--- End quote ---

That's better. Thank you for the feedback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version