Recent

Author Topic: [bug 39159] chart title size is not preserved  (Read 2825 times)

Muso

[bug 39159] chart title size is not preserved
« on: July 05, 2021, 12:48:57 am »
I have set the chart title to size 12 in the IDE. When I run my program on a laptop with a higher DPI resolution, the title gets to small. When I open the *.lpi file on that laptop, I see that the title size is set to 8.

I understand that the form sizes must be adjusted according to the resolution but the font size must not be changed in my opinion because when I explicitly set the title size at runtime then it looks correct on different screens (laptops and monitors).

The question is if I maybe made a mistake. In the project options I set DPI awareness to true. Do I have to make a further setting to keep the title font size constant or is it a bug?

« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 01:47:36 pm by Muso »

wp

Re: chart title size is not preserved
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 10:55:55 am »
You are right: TAChart does not follow the rules of LCL scaling obeyed by other controls. The problem is that drawing on a monitor is only one possibility to output charts, there are other drawers for svg file, opengl, wmf file etc; charts even can be painted in a no-gui environment. Therefore, it is difficult to keep all these possibilities together. I am not saying that LCLScaling is not possible for screen output, but I do not want to address it now, immediately before the release of v2.2, since it will certainly introduce some bugs here and there.

Muso

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 11:10:27 am »
I am not saying that LCLScaling is not possible for screen output, but I do not want to address it now,

No problem. Thanks for taking it into account. Should I open a bug report that it is not forgotten?

wp

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 11:19:25 am »
Yes please. And assign it to me.

Muso

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 01:47:15 pm »
Yes please. And assign it to me.

I created the bug:
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=39159

I have no rights to assign it to anybody.

wp

Re: [bug 39159] chart title size is not preserved
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 04:21:32 pm »
I assigned it to myself.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018