Forum > Lazarus

We are planning the release of Lazarus 2.2

<< < (4/10) > >>

Awkward:

--- Quote from: Gald on June 22, 2021, 08:21:35 am ---No offense, but I hope they drop even Windows 7.
There's absolutely no need to use the newest IDE on old SOs when you can still use old versions of Lazarus.

--- End quote ---
No offense but did you checked how much people uses Windows 7? Dropping Win7 support can be VERY bad decision. Especially if we will remember what even DOS still supported by compiler.

Gald:

--- Quote from: Awkward on June 22, 2021, 09:15:25 am ---
--- Quote from: Gald on June 22, 2021, 08:21:35 am ---No offense, but I hope they drop even Windows 7.
There's absolutely no need to use the newest IDE on old SOs when you can still use old versions of Lazarus.

--- End quote ---
No offense but did you checked how much people uses Windows 7? Dropping Win7 support can be VERY bad decision. Especially if we will remember what even DOS still supported by compiler.

--- End quote ---

Actually, when i said Win7, it was an hyperbole.
But, in fact, Win7 will no longer receives updates.
Even Embarcadero already dropped support for Win7 few years ago.
But I know that a lot still use Win7 today, but no one uses 3.11.

The list of new features are very good!
Some things they do that even Delphi can't, like the TCheckGroup, and Mask support for hexadecimal and binary.

Zvoni:
I think there is a misunderstanding:
You have to differentiate between your dev-machine and a possible target-machine.

I agree that it doesn't make sense to install the newest IDE on Win2K, but developing on a Win7/10-machine, and the final program being able to run on a Win2K/XP-machine are two different things.

EDIT: Except if you're talking about the LCL supporting the WidgetSet used on Win2K, which should still be "win32"

marcov:
We got no feedback on the RCs, so I assume it all works fine :-)

lucamar:

--- Quote from: marcov on June 22, 2021, 10:24:23 am ---We got no feedback on the RCs, so I assume it all works fine :-)
--- End quote ---

Isn't a little early? I took this to be more of a heads-up to prepare to start RC-testing when there is an RC available, since Martin didn't say there was one already: he just noted what the new release is about. Or that's how I took it; I might be absolutely wrong :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version