Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release 2.0.10  (Read 84409 times)

kegge13

• the BistroMath project
Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.10 (crashed!)
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2020, 02:37:54 pm »
Dear team,

As always users are more stupid than the designers intended, so here is my attempt:

Start a new application, drop a chart and add two lineseries to the chart.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  2. TForm1 = class(TForm)
  3.     Chart1: TChart;
  4.     Chart1LineSeries1: TLineSeries;
  5.     Chart1LineSeries2: TLineSeries;
  6.   private                    
  7. ...

And now: save this first!
Then right-click in the component list on one of the series and try to change the class to a TFuncSeries. Lcl will remove invalid values and ... crash completely. See the last  of traces of life in the att.

Seenkao

• New ZenGL.
Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.10
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2020, 02:42:35 am »
Не знаю туда или нет, но , после установки данной версии Lazarus, у меня приложения компилируются под 32-х битную систему. Скачивал для Windows с https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2064%20bits/Lazarus%202.0.10/

google translate:
I don’t know whether it is there or not, but after installing this version of Lazarus, my applications are compiled for a 32-bit system. Downloaded for Windows from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2064%20bits/Lazarus%202.0.10/
Rus: Стремлюсь к созданию минимальных и достаточно быстрых приложений.

Eng: I strive to create applications that are minimal and reasonably fast.
Working on ZenGL

Gebo

• مدرسة النسر الأسود
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2020, 02:32:46 am »
It's too bad .It's stuck a lot with me on windows 10.
I like programming I begun by vb,vb.net,c# and finally free pascal and lazarus .I like martial arts sports and I am a kickboxer and made our team sport club called black eagle school (https://www.monesters.com).

x2nie

• Impossible=I don't know the way
    • impossible is nothing - www.x2nie.com
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2020, 04:48:43 am »
It's too bad .It's stuck a lot with me on windows 10.

Hi, except you are a teen, don't do that. 8)  You can't complain something you cant explain clearly.
BUT, I also experience a bad think when installing Lazarus v 2.0.10 yesterday.
BUT, after reading some text (in lazarus's source-forge download page) that was actually my vault  >:D !
That is, I think that by installing "cross-32-64" then will able to compile for 32/64 switchable automatically. I was wrong, you @Gebo might be also be wrong if thinking of the same assumption.

So, I did both 2 way below, and each of them is okay:
1. Instal the Lazarus-64bit for windows, and then install the Lazarus cross-32-64 (be carefull to download 2 files from same page)
2. Instal the Lazarus-32bit for windows, and then install the Lazarus cross-32-64 (be carefull to download 2 files from same page)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 04:53:17 am by x2nie »
When you were logged in, you can see attachments.
Lazarus Github @ UbuntuCinnamon-v22.04.1 + LinuxMintDebianEdition5

Gebo

• مدرسة النسر الأسود
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2020, 03:57:05 pm »
It's too bad no way.I tried a lot in defferent ways but stuck stuck stuck especially with tools of databases.
vertion 2.0.8 is better.
I like programming I begun by vb,vb.net,c# and finally free pascal and lazarus .I like martial arts sports and I am a kickboxer and made our team sport club called black eagle school (https://www.monesters.com).

alaa123456789

• Try your Best to learn & help others
    • youtube:
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2021, 06:19:36 pm »
It's too bad no way.I tried a lot in defferent ways but stuck stuck stuck especially with tools of databases.
vertion 2.0.8 is better.
agree with you , i tried manytimes also didnt work , when it will be the next big version which better tools , themes , improvement?

thanks

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2021, 09:53:25 pm »
vertion 2.0.8 is better.
agree with you , i tried manytimes also didnt work , when it will be the next big version which better tools , themes , improvement?

When everyone who is complaining bothers to either lodge bugs in the BugTracker after using the appropriate (not here! This sub-forum "Announcements > Lazarus" is supposed to be for Lazarus release announcements) sub-forum to check if others have the same issue.

lucamar

« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2021, 07:22:03 am »
[...] when it will be the next big version which better tools , themes , improvement?
When everyone who is complaining bothers to either lodge bugs in the BugTracker after using the appropriate (not here! This sub-forum "Announcements > Lazarus" is supposed to be for Lazarus release announcements) sub-forum to check if others have the same issue.

And even if not, Lazarus has a relatively quick release cycle of about six to twelve months, so a new release can be expected anytime between now and Summer. If it's a 2.0.12, I'd expect it for early Spring, if 2.2.0 then it'll probably be delayed until Summer :-X

But, of course, trev is right: if you have problems, use the proper forum thread and/or the bug tracker and describe the problemmore thoroughly; just moaning that something "doesn't work" is not very helpful ;)
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

dbannon

• tomboy-ng, a rewrite of the classic Tomboy
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2021, 07:47:49 am »
vertion 2.0.8 is better.

thanks

The real problem is that unless you have reported, quite specifically, what is troubling you, the next release will almost certainly have the same problem.  So, write down what you want fixed, in a way that someone else can reproduce (keeping in mind that just about everyone else is happy with 2.0.10).  Post to an appropriate Forum thread (not this one) if you are unsure if its a bug or user error. If you are sure its a bug, log it in the bug tracker.

That way, there is a chance that the next release will not have the same problem.

Davo

Lazarus 2, Linux (and reluctantly Win10, OSX)
My Project - https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng and my github - https://github.com/davidbannon

alaa123456789

• Try your Best to learn & help others
    • youtube:
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2021, 08:09:24 am »
hi all , i dont know how to make a bug ,sorry if i wrote in wrong place , but the issue was after installation , you try to add any new package it doesn't rebuild always will have issue to stop at .

thanks

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2021, 01:13:29 pm »
i dont know how to make a bug report

See the Wiki article: How do I create a bug report.

Igor Kokarev

« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2021, 04:30:46 pm »
I'm happy with Lazarus 2.0.10 and fpc 3.2.0. We have a large cross-platform project for Windows and Mac.

Recently I found a couple of problems and submited bug-reports for fpc and Lazarus. Those problems were quickly fixed.

wp

Re: Lazarus Release 2.0.10 (crashed!)
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2021, 12:13:37 pm »
Dear team,

As always users are more stupid than the designers intended, so here is my attempt:

Start a new application, drop a chart and add two lineseries to the chart.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  2. TForm1 = class(TForm)
  3.     Chart1: TChart;
  4.     Chart1LineSeries1: TLineSeries;
  5.     Chart1LineSeries2: TLineSeries;
  6.   private                    
  7. ...

And now: save this first!
Then right-click in the component list on one of the series and try to change the class to a TFuncSeries. Lcl will remove invalid values and ... crash completely. See the last  of traces of life in the att.
Issue reported to bug tracker (https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=38375).

Please do not add bug reports to announcements, report them in the bug tracker or at least in the related sub-board. It's been only by chance that I came across this post here...

del

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2021, 07:27:03 am »
Just a quick note. Manjaro does a pretty good job of automatically keeping me up to date with Lazarus. I'm using 2.0.10 (Date: 2021-01-13) FPC 3.2.0, SVN Revision: Unversioned directory, x86_64-linux-gtk2. As always - thanks to the team. This is a very sleek and friendly IDE and I love working with it.  :)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2021, 12:29:43 pm »
Всем привет!
I'm using Lazarus 2.0.10 r63526 (installed via FPCUPDeluxe).

Operating system Windows 7 64 (not observed in Linux, and not observed in Windows 32).

Native application (not using LCL !!! Personally, I use ZenGL). Periodically, when trying to debug (using an external debug file) - the debugging itself can be completely ignored. Breakpoints are ignored.

Moved to new topic at:
https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,55296.0.html

TinyPortal © 2005-2018