Recent

Author Topic: feature introduction vs compiler version  (Read 620 times)

Чебурашка

• СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ! / Slava Ukraïni!
feature introduction vs compiler version
« on: May 02, 2023, 02:40:04 pm »
Hello,
I am working to have a piece of software compiling on different versions of the compiler (specifically 3.0.0 and 3.2.0).

In the code I am managing the compiler differences like this:

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  2. {$IF FPC_FULLVERSION<30200}
  3. do equivalent feature for 30000 (if possible)
  4. {$ELSE}
  5. rely on 30200 feature
  6. {$ENDIF}

In prev example I am not sure that the condition FPC_FULLVERSION<30200 is the right one, despite it works in my case, as I have no intermediate version between 30200 and 30000. I would like to put the right numbers so that they are consistent with fpc real evolution.

Where can I find a full changelog so that I can put the correct numbers (and I can also find more quickly the differences)?

One simple example: when was the function QualifiledClassName in TObject introduced first?
Another: when the AddPair of TStrings was made available?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 02:45:10 pm by Чебурашка »
FPC 3.2.0/Lazarus 2.0.10+dfsg-4+b2 on Debian 11.5
FPC 3.2.2/Lazarus 2.2.0 on Windows 10 Pro 21H2

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
Re: feature introduction vs compiler version
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 10:17:47 pm »
Where can I find a full changelog so that I can put the correct numbers (and I can also find more quickly the differences)?

One simple example: when was the function QualifiledClassName in TObject introduced first?

The only way to find out this kind of information (namely when single methods have been added) is to blame the corresponding source file (in case of QualifiedClassName that's rtl/inc/objpash.inc) and then to check which release branch contains the same change.

For more general, bigger features you can check the New Features Trunk page (as well as those for the release versions).

Чебурашка

• СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ! / Slava Ukraïni!
Re: feature introduction vs compiler version
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2023, 08:43:01 am »

The only way to find out this kind of information (namely when single methods have been added) is to blame the corresponding source file (in case of QualifiedClassName that's rtl/inc/objpash.inc) and then to check which release branch contains the same change.

For more general, bigger features you can check the New Features Trunk page (as well as those for the release versions).

Thanks.
Basically diffing of the release tags/branches.
FPC 3.2.0/Lazarus 2.0.10+dfsg-4+b2 on Debian 11.5
FPC 3.2.2/Lazarus 2.2.0 on Windows 10 Pro 21H2

TinyPortal © 2005-2018