Recent

Author Topic: IntXLib4Pascal  (Read 2015 times)

vdijken

IntXLib4Pascal
« on: June 16, 2021, 02:35:17 pm »
Has anybody experience using IntXLibPascal as a library in a plain Free Pascal program? The package lacks documentation. I managed to assign a value to a variable of the type TintX, but nowhere I can find how to write something to the console! Or an overview of the used functions and procedures, and their parameters or return values.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 02:38:29 pm by vdijken »

MathMan

Re: IntXLib4Pascal
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 03:29:04 pm »
Has anybody experience using IntXLibPascal as a library in a plain Free Pascal program? The package lacks documentation. I managed to assign a value to a variable of the type TintX, but nowhere I can find how to write something to the console! Or an overview of the used functions and procedures, and their parameters or return values.

Hello vdijken

I took a look at it some years ago and stumbled upon the same issues you experienced. Unfortunately also the original C# version (IntX) is lacking at the same places. So, if you really want/must use this you have to wade through the sources.

As an alternative you may take a look at "bigdecimals" of Rudy Velthuis here - http://www.rvelthuis.de/programs/bigintegers.html. It is reasonably fast, and well documented - but it is not FPC compatible, only Delphi.

Regards,
MathMan

TinyPortal © 2005-2018