Forum > IDE/CodeTools

Object Inspector is smart in Windows but not in Linux (Mint & Manjaro at least)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gald:

--- Quote from: Leledumbo on June 16, 2021, 06:28:44 pm ---Does this gif show your expectation?

--- End quote ---

No, because if you type something after clicking in Align, you'll type after the text, and not replacing it.
Let's say you want to type "alRight":

In this scenario, the combox won't help you to rewrite the correct content, but instead will right something like the related image.

zeljko:
Looks like AutoSelect of editable control does not work under Linux when control gets focus via command SetFocus.

Leledumbo:

--- Quote from: Gald on June 17, 2021, 04:28:25 am ---In this scenario, the combox won't help you to rewrite the correct content, but instead will right something like the related image.

--- End quote ---
Ah, I see. I didn't quite catch what you mean earlier. In this case, it's the TComboBox implementation inside the object inspector grid. I believe this is a custom component, as trying other similar IDE (Qt Creator) it also draws its own version, so the behavior can be changed. It already behaves the way you expected for TEdit fields, so TComboBox should be possible as well.

AlexTP:
I confirm this issue and posted report
https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=39015

JuhaManninen:

--- Quote from: Leledumbo on June 17, 2021, 09:17:23 pm ---In this case, it's the TComboBox implementation inside the object inspector grid. I believe this is a custom component, as trying other similar IDE (Qt Creator) it also draws its own version, so the behavior can be changed. It already behaves the way you expected for TEdit fields, so TComboBox should be possible as well.

--- End quote ---
Actually a native LCL TComboBox is used there. One TEdit, one TComboBox and one (custom drawn) Checkbox are first created and then placed on the focused cell as appropriate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version