Forum > General

[Solved] How to Build for Multi-Platform.

(1/2) > >>

loaded:
Hi All,
my apps are compiled as i386 (32 Bit) by default.
I compile as 64 bit by selecting x86_64 (64 Bit) as the target from the setting section of the project options. By putting the $(TargetCPU) plugin at the end of the target file name to be compiled in the settings section, I can visually understand the structure of the compiled exes.

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Compile Project, Target: project1_i386.exe: SuccessCompile Project, OS: win64, CPU: x86_64, Target: Project1_x86_64.exe: Success So can I do multiple compilations at the same time?
So, is it possible to compile both 32 and 64 at the same time without manually selecting it?

MarkMLl:
Bear in mind that you're not telling us what your development and target platforms are.

/If/ you were running Lazarus (and bear in mind that you're not telling us what your development and target platforms are) there's a "build project group" or similar extension which might help... I'm not saying it will, just that it's worth looking at.

Otherwise a makefile should do it, if such things are available on whatever... I think you get the idea.

MarkMLl

loaded:
Thank you for the reply MarkMLl
I'm compiling for Windows on Windows.
My goal is to compile for 32 and 64 bit at the same time.

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on June 12, 2021, 03:30:54 pm ---Otherwise a makefile should do it, if such things are available on whatever... I think you get the idea.

--- End quote ---
sorry i didn't understand  ;D

JuhaManninen:

--- Quote from: loaded on June 12, 2021, 03:20:01 pm ---So can I do multiple compilations at the same time?
So, is it possible to compile both 32 and 64 at the same time without manually selecting it?

--- End quote ---
Build modes are the way to go. The Lazarus Run menu also has "Compile many modes ...".

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on June 12, 2021, 03:30:54 pm ---... there's a "build project group" or similar extension which might help... I'm not saying it will, just that it's worth looking at.

--- End quote ---
Project groups are provided by an IDE plugin package but they are meant for a different purpose.
They are for projects closely related to each other, for example a main project and a unit test project for its code.

loaded:
Thank you for the reply JuhaManninen

--- Quote from: JuhaManninen on June 12, 2021, 07:09:00 pm ---Build modes are the way to go. The Lazarus Run menu also has "Compile many modes ...".

--- End quote ---
"Compile many modes ...",  This mod seems to be disabled for me.
I will do the necessary research to activate and run, thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version