Recent

Author Topic: VirtualTreeView Font in Cocoa  (Read 6016 times)

apeoperaio

VirtualTreeView Font in Cocoa
« on: March 08, 2019, 04:56:25 pm »
Dear All,
I noticed that the fonts drawn in VirtualTreeView using Cocoa are not well defined, quite blurry with respect to the other component fonts (labels, panels...).
Why?
There is something that can be done to draw fonts properly on Virtualtreeview too?
See attached image of the OnlinePakcageManager.
Thanks in advance.
Andrea

I am using Lazarus trunk, 2.1.0 r60622M FPC 3.0.4 x86_64-darwin-cocoa (alpha)

edited: replaced image (was wrong)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 05:05:58 pm by apeoperaio »

ChristianH

Re: VirtualTreeView Font in Cocoa
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 05:30:19 pm »
I dislike digging old topics, but this issue still seem to be the case on the last builds. Does someone have a clue why the whole rendering of virtualtreeview looks that blurry? I tried the last v5 trunk from GitHub, but it does not seem to solve this issue.

Christian

balazsszekely

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 06:28:16 pm »
I dislike digging old topics, but this issue still seem to be the case on the last builds. Does someone have a clue why the whole rendering of virtualtreeview looks that blurry? I tried the last v5 trunk from GitHub, but it does not seem to solve this issue.
IIRC this issue is fixed in trunk.

ChristianH

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 10:40:47 am »
Thanks for the response, neither in this one:
https://github.com/graemeg/lazarus/commits/upstream/components/virtualtreeview/laz.virtualtrees.pas

nor in the official one from here:
https://github.com/blikblum/VirtualTreeView-Lazarus/commits/lazarus-v5/Source/VirtualTrees.pas

I thought this issue might be the reason, but it still looks like the attached screenshot.

balazsszekely

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 11:57:53 am »
@ChristianH
I thought this issue might be the reason, but it still looks like the attached screenshot.
The bug was not in VirtualStringTree, but in cocoa widgetset, this is why you need Lazarus Trunk. You can install it with fpcupdeluxe, it won't interfere with your current stable installation. I don't own a mac, but luckily today I had access to a mac mini, so I made a screenshot. It looks OK to me.

ChristianH

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 02:09:45 pm »
Awesome thanks for the information. I will check the code in the latest trunk.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018