Forum > General

Parsing STDERR / STDOUT

(1/2) > >>

pcurtis:
I use the following code to create a process (in a thread)

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---  MyShell := TProcess.Create(nil);    with MyShell do      begin        Options := [poUsePipes];        ShowWindow := swoHIDE;        Executable := 'D:\Lazarus\Shared\mpv.exe';        Options := Options + [poUsePipes];        Parameters.Add('--wid=' + inttostr(WID));        while not MyQuery.EOF do           begin             Parameters.Add(MyQuery['fnPARAMETER'] + MyQuery['fnVALUE']);             MyQuery.Next;           end;        Parameters.Add(ClipFilename);        Execute;      end;     while (MyShell.Running) or          (MyShell.Stderr.NumBytesAvailable > 0) do      begin        while MyShell.Stderr.NumBytesAvailable > 0 do          begin            fPlayVideoStatus := '';            begin              ReadCount := Min(512, MyShell.Stderr.NumBytesAvailable); //Read up to buffer, not more              MyShell.Stderr.Read(CharBuffer, ReadCount);               fPlayVideoStatus := fPlayVideoStatus + CharBuffer;            end;              fWhere := 1;              Synchronize(@PlayVideoStatus);          end;         while MyShell.Output.NumBytesAvailable > 0 do          begin            fPlayVideoStatus := '';              begin                ReadCount := Min(512, MyShell.Output.NumBytesAvailable); //Read up to buffer, not more                MyShell.Output.Read(CharBuffer, ReadCount);                 fPlayVideoStatus := fPlayVideoStatus + CharBuffer;              end;             fWhere := 2;            Synchronize(@PlayVideoStatus);          end;  
All works fine except parsing STDERR / STDOUT.

I would like to  Synchronize(@PlayVideoStatus) STDERR / STDOUT line by line (the sync code is fine). The problem really lyes in reading STDERR / STDOUT and parsing it.

I know @tedson has UnTerminal-1.0 that I think will do the trick, but I don't know how to integrate it.
Can anyone help?

jamie:
What are you talking about, splitting lines when line endings appears and then generate a line of out as a string ?

pcurtis:
So for example STDERR is read in 512 byte blocks. I want to break this into CRLF terminated strings. Data is constantly appearing on STDERR

jamie:
Use string routines

MyDataString

When you start set it to '';

in the loop just treat the 512 buffer has array of char and add a 0 at the end of it each time to ensure the routines work..

MyDataString := MyDataString+Pchar(@My512Buffer)^;

empty the My512 for next read.

If Pos(#13, MyDataString) <> 0 Then

Finalstring := Copy(…….) etc...

you know the rest...
I can give you example code block later...

jamie:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---var  Form1: TForm1;  MyBufferList:TstringList; //Create this at start somewhere., keep it alive implementation {$R *.lfm} { TForm1 }Function StrFromMyBuf(Var theBuf:Array of Char;Count:Integer):TStringList;Begin  Result := MyBufferList;  If Count = 0 Then exit;  Result.SkipLastLineBreak :=True;  Result.Text := Result.Text+Copy(Pchar(@Thebuf)^,0,Count-1);  If Result.Count > 100 Then Result.Delete(0); //Keep list limited;end; 
Something like that.
that should give you something to work with.
make sure you empty the buffer each time you call this..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version