Forum > macOS / Mac OS X

Current State of Lazarus on Apple Silicon + Future Plans ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jonas Maebe:

--- Quote from: mrmaxmusterman on July 18, 2021, 03:52:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jonas Maebe on June 03, 2021, 09:30:39 pm ---The next release will probably include it, since there are no known (major) problems.

--- End quote ---

What about the new Lazarus 2.2 Update and it‘s Release candidate? Will there be a stable / native installer of Lazarus + fpc in a complete Package?

--- End quote ---
I assume so, but I don't know. I'm not a Lazarus developer.

Martin_fr:
The last info I had is that there currently is no one with an M1 in the team. So until that changes, there wont be an installer.

I don't know if the Mac-relevant team members are all regularly reading the forum. So it may be hard to get more info here. If there are no answers, I recommend to try the mail list.

Jonas Maebe:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on July 19, 2021, 02:10:00 pm ---The last info I had is that there currently is no one with an M1 in the team.

--- End quote ---
Dmitry has one. You also don't need an M1 to create M1 binaries, you can cross-compile from Intel.

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on July 19, 2021, 02:10:00 pm ---The last info I had is that there currently is no one with an M1 in the team. So until that changes, there wont be an installer.
--- End quote ---

Maybe you can ask trev for help? He has set up a nightly build for the M1 after all.

Igor Kokarev:
I use FPC and Lazarus on Mac Mini M1 since March. And earlier I used trunk versions of FPC/Lazarus on Apple DTK since July 2020.

New official FPC 3.2.2 has an installer with native compilers for Intel and ARM code. It's a very simple installation process now.

I compiled Lazarus Trunk from source code (it's really simple - just one command in Terminal). And I hope to see official Lazarus 2.2.0 for Intel and ARM soon.

My product for Mac is Universal Binary. I compiled Intel and ARM versions and merged them with lipo command line tool to create a single universal binary.

So my product works fine on Intel and M1 Macs already 4 months.

Many thanks to FPC and Lazarus teams!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version