Forum > Databases

Exception in IBX with Firebird 4 client

(1/2) > >>

emilt:
I am not sure if this is a problem with IBX or Firebird itself, but I have this strange situation: when trying to connect to a 3.0 database using the 4.0 client dll, I get an exception "Data type unknown when Executing:" the long query on the system tables that is now defined as DefaultSQLODS12 at line 4283 of IBCustomDataSet.pas.

It works OK if I use the FBCLIENT.DLL from 3.0.

Soner:
It is not IBX issue, you must copy engine dll from fb3 in to fb4\plugins folder.
Read Firebird 4.0 Release Notes - 1. General Notes

I did not checked it, i read it last week in fb4 release notes.

Edit: Sorry, I realized now you are talking about client.dll.

emilt:
I mean the case when an FB4 client is connecting to FB3 engine, regardless if the server itself is FB3 or FB4.

My setup is FB4 server and client on the same PC, with the engine12.dll from FB3 in plugins and respectively listed in firebird.conf. But I also checked this against a separate FB3 server, and the same problem is there.

tonyw:
You should be able to connect to a remote FB3 server from a local FB4 client as long as the authentication schemes match - which I assume they must do as you have got to the point of executing a query.

The error message implies that you have a data type in your query that is unknown to FB3. It would be useful to know the query that caused the problem.

emilt:
The query is this, and it's part of IBCustomDataSet (see the first post):

--- Code: MySQL  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---Select F.RDB$COMPUTED_BLR,F.RDB$DEFAULT_VALUE, R.RDB$FIELD_NAME, R.RDB$IDENTITY_TYPEfrom RDB$RELATION_FIELDS R, RDB$FIELDS Fwhere R.RDB$RELATION_NAME = :RELATIONand R.RDB$FIELD_SOURCE = F.RDB$FIELD_NAMEand ((not F.RDB$COMPUTED_BLR is NULL) or     (not F.RDB$DEFAULT_VALUE is NULL) or     ( not R.RDB$IDENTITY_TYPE is NULL)) 
I tried the query in other tools, but couldn't replicate the error outside of IBX. The first two fields are BLOB subtype 2, then a char(10)  and a smallint - nothing special.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version