Forum > Suggestions

I like TLabelledEdit, any chance of a TLabelledComboBox?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bart:
But aligning doesn't work correctly in D7

Bart

wp:
Sorry to be insistent: What do you mean with "aligning"? There is no Align property for TLabeledEdit, neither in Delphi nor in Lazarus. There is an AlignWithMargins in newer Delphi versions, and this, in fact, does not consider the label, only the edit.

Exception:

--- Quote from: wp on June 02, 2021, 04:12:46 pm ---Being a heavy user of the anchor editor I strongly advise against the TLabelledEdit because it does not cooperate with the anchor editor nor with autosizing:

Put a TLabelledEdit on the form, open the anchor editor and set the top anchor of the LabelledEdit to the form --> the label will disappear (it will have move out of the form).

Or put a TLabelledEdit into a TPanel and set the panel's AutoSize to true --> the panel will shrink to zero height. On the other hand, when there is a simple TEdit inside the Panel, the autosize adjusts the size of panel to match that of the edit perfectly. And when there is also a TLabel inside the panel which you anchored to the TEdit, the autosized panel will enclose both label and edit.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'll have a play anchor editor. I confess I've never used. Pleased I made the post, as it looks like I might learning something new  :).

Joanna:
I use a frame containing a flowpanel with label and combobox  as a labeled combobox

Exception:

--- Quote from: Joanna on June 23, 2021, 03:07:05 pm ---I use a frame containing a flowpanel with label and combobox  as a labeled combobox

--- End quote ---

I'll be honest, I'm not familiar with frames or flowpanels. I'll have to brush up.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version