Recent

Poll

Arabic sub board

I am an Arabic speaker, and would prefer an Arabic section over the English boards of the forum
0 (0%)
I am an Arabic speaker, and would use the Arabic and English boards equally
1 (6.7%)
I am an Arabic speaker, but prefer the English boards on the forum.
1 (6.7%)
I am not an Arabic speaker, I don't care
9 (60%)
Other? Post a comment
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Openning Arabic section suggestion  (Read 17294 times)

pascal111

• Un trabajo en equipo para programas serias.
Openning Arabic section suggestion
« on: May 31, 2021, 03:12:00 pm »
أرجُو أن يكون هذا القِسم من المُنتدى المكان المُناسب لتقديم الإقتراحات والطلبات. جاءتني رسالة من أحد الأعضاء تبيّن أنّهُ عربي وإقترح تقديم طلبٍ لفتح قسم بالعربيّة في قسم اللغات لمساعدة الأعضاء العرب الذين لا يُجيدون الإنجليزيّة ويبدو أنّ هناكـ عدداً من الأعضاء العرب ولذا أُقدّم هذا الطلب وللإدارة دراسة أبعاد ذلكـ المُستقبليّة وما يلزم ،وشُكراً.

google translate:

"I hope this section of the forum will be the appropriate place for submitting suggestions and requests. I received a letter from one of the members indicating that he is Arab and suggested submitting a request to open an Arabic section in the language department "section" to help Arab members who are not fluent in English, and it seems that there are a number of Arab members, so I submitted this request and the administration has to study the future dimensions of that and what is needed, and thanks."
La chose par la chose est rappelé.

nouzi

Re: Openning Arabic section suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 04:40:37 pm »
+1
My English is  bad
Lazarus last version free pascal last version
Lazarus trunk  free pascal trunk 
System : Linux mint  64bit  Windows 7 64bit

MarkMLl

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 06:51:26 pm »
...or alternatively one for people who apparently speak Google :-)

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

pascal111

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 07:45:08 pm »
إنّها مُحاولة قانونيّة ولن نخسر شيئا ،فإن تمّت المُوافقة على الطلب وكان هناكـ عدد من الأعضاء العرب في المُنتدى فسيتم تغذية هذا القسم العربي بالمعلومات بصياغة عربيّة تكون ذات فائدة للقارئ العربي ،وإن لم تتم المُوافقة فرُبّما من خشية أنْ يكون هناكـ قسمٌ زائد وغير نشط في المُنتدى.

google translate:

"It is a legal attempt and we will not lose anything. If the request is approved and there are a number of Arab members in the forum, this Arabic section will be fed with information in an Arabic form that will be of interest to the Arab reader, If not, it may be out of fear that there will be an excess and inactive section of the forum."

lucamar

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 08:01:45 pm »
I don't have any vote but I think it's a good idea.After all we already have several of them and while they can not be said to be very active they are rather helpful for people whose English is not that good.

Though a major problem, perhaps, would be to find an arabic-speaking moderator with enough knowledge of SMF tools and the forum internal "rules" to know what's appropiate and what not. That will require some training for whoever volunteers and perhaps some work from the other moderators, who (like most of us) are already somewhat lacking enough free time ...
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 08:08:39 pm »
Well at first we have to see how many users we already have that would/could use this. (I.e. how many of our users do speak Arabic, and want to use the forum doing so).

I haven't spoken to the other moderators/admins, so I do not know their opinion.

If indeed there is an sufficient demand, and if then the other moderators are ok with it, then we need to find a moderator (which needs to be a long term, well established, known and trusted user.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 08:16:30 pm »
In my personal opinion (not as an admin), I am not sure if it is beneficial to join all languages in a single forum.

The German Lazarus users have their own very well established forum. And that works perfect. And many/some of them are members of the German and of this forum.
We do have the "other languages" section. Which means every user can find any of the forums available.
And afaik there are service providers offering forums for free.

But that is just my personal opinion.
If there is a big enough interest, such a board may happen here.

pascal111

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 08:34:57 pm »
أُضيف على ما سبق أنّ موضع المُشرف moderator يتكلّف مسؤوليّة تأدية واجبه ولذا يحتاج ﻷن يكون مُتمتعاً باستقرار stability في الأداء على مرّ الأيام.

google translate:

"I add to the above that the moderator position assumes responsibility for the performance of his duty and therefore needs to have stability in performance over days."

pascal111

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 08:39:17 pm »
In my personal opinion (not as an admin), I am not sure if it is beneficial to join all languages in a single forum.

The German Lazarus users have their own very well established forum. And that works perfect. And many/some of them are members of the German and of this forum.
We do have the "other languages" section. Which means every user can find any of the forums available.
And afaik there are service providers offering forums for free.

But that is just my personal opinion.
If there is a big enough interest, such a board may happen here.

يُمكن إنشاء مُنتدى عربي للـ Free Pascal مثلما فعل الألمان ولكن الأمر يحتاج مشاركة واتفاق عدة مُشتركين عرب.

google translate:

"It is possible to create an Arab forum for Free Pascal, just as the Germans did, but the matter requires the participation and agreement of several Arab participants."

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 03:40:48 am »
which needs to be a long term, well established, known and trusted user.
as a moderator of Russian section of the forum I vote for pascal111 to be a moderator of Arabic section :)
why not?!

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 09:30:36 am »
It's fine by me
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2021, 12:31:09 pm »
Fine by me.

six1

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2021, 12:54:07 pm »
why not? It can only be a wining situation... let's go pascal111

pascal111

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2021, 12:58:20 pm »
لقد وضعتموني في موقفٍ مُحرج :-\ فوقتي محدود وغير مُنتظم ،فقد أتفرّغ في اليوم ساعتين أو ثلاثة أو أربعة بالإضافة إلى أنّهُ ينقصني الكثير من الخبرة في مجال Lazarus وفي مجال التعامل مع المنتدى ،نحنُ نحتاج إلى أكثر من moderator.

google translate:

"You put me in an embarrassing situation  :-\ My time is limited and irregular, I can devote two, three or four hours a day in addition to that I lack a lot of experience in the field of Lazarus and in the field of dealing with the forum, we need more than a (one) moderator."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 01:34:21 pm by pascal111 »

pascal111

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 01:45:32 pm »
أظنّنا نحتاج إلى اثنين من الـ moderators على الأقل في البداية وإذا كان من المُتوقّع أن يكون هناكـ ضغط مواضيع وأسئلة متوسّط المُستوى فيما بعد فلتكون إدراة الموقف جيّدة وسريان العمل مُستريحاً فسنحتاج إلى ثلاثة moderators يُغطّي بعضهم بعض ويُساعدون بعضهم البعض.

سنحتاج إلى قاموس ( إنجليزي عربي والعكس ) أو أكثر في مُصطلحات الكمبيوتر في العموم ومُصطلحات Free Pascal وLazarus والبرمجة على وجه الخصوص.

سنحتاج إلى توصية الأعضاء الكاتبين بالعربيّة باستخدام الـ RTL كما في الصورة.

أيضاً لم نضع في الحُسبان هل الكتابة يجب أن تكون بالـ Classic standard Arabic وهي العربيّة الرسميّة الموحدة للغة الكُتب غالباً ولغة المعرفة بالعربيّة أم هل يُسمح بتعدد اللهجات العربيّة في المواضيع واستخدام اللغة العاميّة.

google translate:

"I think we need at least two moderators at the beginning and if it is to be expected that there will be medium-level topics and questions pressure later on, then let the situation management be good and the flow of work is comfortable, then we will need three moderators that cover each other and help each other.

We will need a dictionary (English-Arabic and vice versa) or more for computer terms in general and for Free Pascal and Lazarus and programming terms in particular.

We will need to recommend Arabic writers to use RTL as pictured.

We also did not take into account whether the writing should be in the classic standard Arabic, which is the unified official Arabic for the language of the books most often and the language of knowledge in Arabic, or is it permissible for the plurality of Arabic dialects in the subjects and the use of the colloquial language."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 01:49:07 pm by pascal111 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018