Recent

Author Topic: InfluxDB?  (Read 2888 times)

avra

• Additional info
InfluxDB?
« on: May 20, 2021, 08:30:38 am »
Are there any plans to support InfluxDB in FreePascal or Lazarus?
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
Re: InfluxDB?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 08:59:26 am »
Not that I know of.

You could however try to use the Delphi code from here (requires some rework with the request classes and the uses-clauses) or from here (don't know if that supports querying, but it advertises FPC support at least).

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 06:01:43 am »
Guess you already know it's a volunteer work :)

I can't make the InfluxDB provider works in QuickLogger yet, though the console and file provider work. But even that needs patches to QuickLib that I just make a pull request for.
I guess making your own will be magnitude faster, InfluxDB interface is rather simple and it can work over TCP, UDP and HTTP.

Чебурашка

• СЛАВА УКРАЇНІ! / Slava Ukraïni!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 01:33:23 pm »

Did you come to a solution then?

I am in the same situation, and I was thinking to call the command line executable using FpExec*, after having prepared an import file containing the sampled data.

Any idea?
FPC 3.2.0/Lazarus 2.0.10+dfsg-4+b2 on Debian 11.5
FPC 3.2.2/Lazarus 2.2.0 on Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 01:58:35 pm »
Seems the license clashes with FPC, since contributions can be turned into a closed source license. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InfluxDB
Not something I would want to work on. If  you read the License entry you should be very wary. Not the first example of a start-up letting write their code by volunteers and then move on to a closed commercial platform. Also note the last claim is untenible under European law:"The Contributor License Agreement claims not to be a copyright transfer agreement.[9]". That is rubbish. It boils down to freely contributed source code can be used in a proprietary license without remuneration for individual intellectual property. A very dangerous game....bordering on the criminal. You have been warned (as you know I also hold a minor law degree, but in state law, not intellectual property rights, but I am confident enough to write their licensing does not hold, because I am well versed in European law)

Note that personally I don't care how my published source code is used, unless I attach an explicit license.

The latter is claimed to be prohibited with this software....And that when an M.I.T. license is claimed.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 02:21:34 pm by Thaddy »
Specialize a type, not a var.

PierceNg

• SamadhiWeb
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 03:07:32 pm »
... That is rubbish. It boils down to freely contributed source code can be used in a proprietary license without remuneration for individual intellectual property. A very dangerous game....bordering on the criminal. You have been warned (as you know I also hold a minor law degree, but in state law, not intellectual property rights, but I am confident enough to write their licensing does not hold, because I am well versed in European law)

Thaddy, you say this, but in the other threads you appear to be having a lot of fun with the AI bot currently in fashion.

What is your view on (what seems to me to be) the AI bot's laundering of existing source code, presumably made available under various kinds of licenses, to do the thing it does?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018