Recent

Author Topic: Psychology and Computer world  (Read 3026 times)

pascal111

• Un trabajo en equipo para programas serias.
Psychology and Computer world
« on: May 19, 2021, 09:25:29 pm »
من خلال مُتابعتي لبعض مواضيع الكمبيوتر وجدت مواضيع خاصّة بعلم النّفس تهتم بمجال الكمبيوتر.

في رأيكُم إلى أيّ مدى تكون علاقة علم النّفس بمجال الكمبيوتر وكذلكـ بالمبرمجين ،مثلاً الحالة النفسيّة للمبرمج والمستخدم ونوعيّة البرامج والألعاب وتأثيراتها وأشكال التفكير التي تنشأ من ذلكـ كلّه وتأثير مُنتجات الكمبيوتر على الثقافة والمُجتمع؟

google translate:

"Through my pursuit of some computer subjects, I found subjects related to psychology that are interested in the field of computers.

In your opinion, to what extent is the relationship of psychology to the field of computers as well as to programmers, for example the psychological state of the programmer and the user, the quality (type/kind) of programs and games and their effects, the forms of thinking that arise from all of that, and the impact of computer products on culture and society?"
La chose par la chose est rappelé.

cpicanco

• Behavioral Scientist and Programmer
    • Portfolio
Re: Psychology and Computer world
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 06:51:49 pm »
I am a psychologist and a self-taught programmer. With my current understanding of "cultural process", I have been written software being used to studying basic learning processes (as known as "operant learning" or "instrumental learning", and so on) in the context of groups of participants. This allows one to build "cultural" experimental designs (with generations of participants, i.e., with different people that will leave/enter the experiment) and to make (with a decent experimental design) some precise observations of a "cultural" event or process of interest. 

PS.: Just for mentioning, I am also interested in topics like "studying skills", "basic processes of learning, memory and motivation", "active teaching methodologies", "coding together vs coding alone", "assisted learning vs automated (not assisted) learning methods", "self motivation", "autism and programming skills", "teaching machines", "artificial intelligence/machine learning".
Be mindful and excellent with each other.
https://github.com/cpicanco/

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 07:08:31 pm »
Actually everything matters, every single detail, the user can "read" it.

A wrongly used color, wrong spacing, wrongly designed interface.

Color psychology, I'm seeing a lot of that, is not random at all, you can feel the intention of the developer bringing you that tool.

denis.totoliciu

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 10:55:11 pm »
The importance of the psychological aspect in programming is tremendous because the mind is on heavy use for a prolongued time, especially its higher functions.

The psychological state of the programmer is usually less regarded by corporations and many people. Despite that, the resulting source code and the perception that the user has on the application is a result of how programmers feel and are able to make decisions, assemble and design the application.

Decisions are taken at the emotional level in any human being, then processed by the rational part of the mind. These two parts, the emotional part and the rational part have to be aligned because if there are too many discrepancies, the decisions are damaged and so is the creative force of the mind.

The emotional level is disturbed by a lot of factors, i.e. always rushing programmers to do things in very short time, which is the trend in many companies. If you want a clear example of that, check out what game programmers that work in large corporations say about their schedule and pressure, and then look at how these games have lots of issues, bugs and are effectively only money making machines. This is a whole subject to discuss, but it reflects very well what you asked.

If you want a very good example, check out the game Cyberpunk 2077, what it has promissed, what the company has delivered and then look out for what decisions the management has taken.
All the bad decisions in terms of time and money that management takes reflect as bad behaviour and pressure on the programmers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018