Recent

Author Topic: Published properties [SKIPPED]  (Read 8483 times)

alpine

Re: Published properties [SKIPPED]
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2021, 09:29:31 pm »
Is Google's Arabic translator meant for politicians, I'm bit dizzy from it :o
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
—HAL 9000

lucamar

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2021, 10:14:06 pm »
*snip*

You and @lucamar have more information than me and better programming experience, yet you are both confused about the actual purpose of RTTI so imagine what will happen to me ?! :D

It isn't that. Its purpose is more or less clear; what we are saying is that it isn't a feature used  for normal, everyday programming but for somewhat "specialized" tasks, like for example:

The RTTI is very much used for the IDE visual form designer (the object inspector) as well as for component persistence i.e. loading/storing forms, components, etc.

So yeah, it isn't something with which I (or Handoko, it seems) would recommend trying to wrestle when one is a beginner. :D
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

lucamar

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2021, 10:26:35 pm »
For variant, I will avoid as much as I can. I read many negative comments about it.

We are drifting a little off-topic, but ...

For some strange reason, variants have a bad fame and people tend to avoid them; maybe because they are seen as some queer "Windows thing" or because they are frequentely misused but they can be used very effectively when you need a ... let's call it "multi-type" type (e.g. to avoid a series of function overloads, for quick conversions or seamless type-casting) and the utility functions in Variants makes working wiht them even more easy.

It isn't something one would use everyday and for everything but for some tasks and properly used they can be invaluable ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:28:31 pm by lucamar »

pascal111

• Un trabajo en equipo para programas serias.
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2021, 11:20:50 pm »
Is Google's Arabic translator meant for politicians, I'm bit dizzy from it :o

:D لقد اضطررتُ ﻷن أكون مثل برنامج grammarly - لو سمعت عنه - لأصحح لـ google translate العبارات والكلمات الغير مناسبة ولكن أيضاً هناكـ مُشكلة أخرى وهي أنّ العربيّة مرنة في ترتيب الكلمات والأساليب word order وكذلكـ واسعة جدّاً في عدد مُفرداتها أي لا أتوقّع أنّ google translate سيُحيط بكل الكلمات ومعانيها المُختلفة المُتغيّرة وكذلكـ لن يُحيط بكل الأساليب والتي تتطلّب منطق عقل بشري ليفهم المقصود.

google translate:

:D I had to be like grammarly - if I "you" heard about it - to correct for google translate inappropriate phrases and words, but also there is another problem which is that Arabic is flexible in word order and styles as well as very broad in the number of its vocabulary, i.e. I do not expect that google translate will surround With all the words and their different and changing meanings, and also it will not be surrounded "surround" by all methods "styles" that require the logic of a human mind to understand the intended "meanings"."
La chose par la chose est rappelé.

pascal111

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2021, 11:30:14 pm »
*snip*

You and @lucamar have more information than me and better programming experience, yet you are both confused about the actual purpose of RTTI so imagine what will happen to me ?! :D

It isn't that. Its purpose is more or less clear; what we are saying is that it isn't a feature used  for normal, everyday programming but for somewhat "specialized" tasks, like for example:

The RTTI is very much used for the IDE visual form designer (the object inspector) as well as for component persistence i.e. loading/storing forms, components, etc.

So yeah, it isn't something with which I (or Handoko, it seems) would recommend trying to wrestle when one is a beginner. :D

نعم ،قد يكون غرض الـ RTTI خاصاً بحالات ما وليس لكل أنواع البرامج.

بالنّسبة لكوني مُبتدأً ففي الحقيقة وضعي أشبه بإعادة تأهيل لشخص حدث له حادث تسبّب له في حالة شلل في بعض الأطراف وحالة عجز ،ففي كلّ يوم مثلاً يُحاول التمريض أنْ يُدرّب المريض بتحريكـ يده قليلاً أو رجله ،مُحاولة تدريبه على القيام والمشي قليلاً ،مُحاولة التفكير والكلام أو ممارسة بعض النشاط الذهني فأحياناً أقرأ بعض الكود وأحياناً أكتب بعض الكود وأحياناً أُراجع الوثائق مرّةً أخرى ﻷتذكّر وأحياناً أستفسر كما في المنتدى هنا وهكذا.

google translate:

"Yes, the purpose of the RTTI may be specific to certain situations and not to all types of programs.

As for being a beginner, in fact my situation is like rehabilitating a person who had an accident that caused him to be paralyzed in some limbs and in a state of disability. Every day, for example, the nurse tries to train the patient by moving his hand a little or his leg, trying to train him to stand up and walk a little, try to think and speak or Doing some mental activity, sometimes I read some code, sometimes I write some code, and sometimes I review the documents again to remember, and sometimes I inquire as in the forum here and so on."

lucamar

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2021, 03:11:31 am »
As for being a beginner, in fact my situation is like rehabilitating a person who had an accident that caused him to be paralyzed in some limbs and in a state of disability. Every day, for example, the nurse tries to train the patient by moving his hand a little or his leg, trying to train him to stand up and walk a little, try to think and speak or Doing some mental activity, sometimes I read some code, sometimes I write some code, and sometimes I review the documents again to remember, and sometimes I inquire as in the forum here and so on.

Nothing wrong with that, and I know what you mean. When I was (way) younger I played guitar (both as soloist and in a group) but had to stop and go on with the rest of life. Now that I have some time and a modicum of "security" I bought a guitar and tried to retake it but ... I find I'm again as absolute a beginner with it as when I was 10 years old and much less nimble. ;)

pascal111

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2021, 06:53:50 pm »
As for being a beginner, in fact my situation is like rehabilitating a person who had an accident that caused him to be paralyzed in some limbs and in a state of disability. Every day, for example, the nurse tries to train the patient by moving his hand a little or his leg, trying to train him to stand up and walk a little, try to think and speak or Doing some mental activity, sometimes I read some code, sometimes I write some code, and sometimes I review the documents again to remember, and sometimes I inquire as in the forum here and so on.

Nothing wrong with that, and I know what you mean. When I was (way) younger I played guitar (both as soloist and in a group) but had to stop and go on with the rest of life. Now that I have some time and a modicum of "security" I bought a guitar and tried to retake it but ... I find I'm again as absolute a beginner with it as when I was 10 years old and much less nimble. ;)

جميل أنّكـ تفعل ما تُريد وليس أحدٌ آخر يأمركـ أن تُطيع أي يُلغي إرادتكـ وشخصيّتكـ ،أمّا أنا فقد عانيت جدّاً.

Lazarus إبداعٌ رائع يُساعد أعتبره كالرياضة أو العلاج.

google translate:

"It is beautiful that you do what you want and no one else orders you to obey, meaning that it "he/she" cancels your will and your personality, but I have suffered greatly.

Lazarus Wonderful creativity that helps me, "I" consider it a sport or a therapy."

TinyPortal © 2005-2018