Recent

Author Topic: type [SOLVED]  (Read 3210 times)

Raffyn

type [SOLVED]
« on: May 16, 2021, 09:50:52 pm »
Hello, I have a problem with my code and don't know why it isn't working or at least I don't see the mistake.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. program VerbundFeldKombi;
  2. uses crt;
  3. type person = record
  4.              n: string;
  5.              a: string;
  6.              t: string;
  7.      end;
  8. type feld = array[1..30] of person;
  9. var ds:feld;
  10.     i, j, z: integer;
  11.     temp: person;
  13. begin
  14.  clrscr;
  15.  {Eingabe}
  16.  write('Anzahl der einzugebeneden Datensaetze: ');
  17.  read(z);
  19.  for i:= 1 to z do
  20.   with ds[i] do
  21.    begin
  22.     writeln('Name, Vorname eingeben: ');
  23.     readln(n);
  24.     writeln('Plz, Ort, Str., Nr. eingeben: ');
  25.     readln(a);
  26.     writeln('Telefonnr. eingeben: ');
  27.     readln(t);
  28.    end;
  29. clrscr;
  30. {Sortieren}
  32. for i:= 1 to z-1 do
  33.  for j:=z downto i do
  34.   with ds[i] do
  35.    if ds[i].n > ds[j].n then
  36.     begin
  37.      temp:=ds[i];
  38.      ds[i]:=ds[j];
  39.      ds[j]:=temp;
  40.     end;
  41. {Anzeigen}
  42. for i:= 1 to z do
  43.  with ds[i] do
  44.   begin
  45.    writeln('Name, Vorname: ', n);
  46.    writeln('Anschrift: ', a);
  47.    writeln('Telefon: ',t);
  48.   end;
  49.  readkey;
  50. end.

It's supposed to insert first information then second then third but when runs it shows both the first and second request at once.
Thank you Raffy
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 07:10:46 pm by Raffyn »

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
Re: type
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 10:36:30 pm »
Change read(z) into readln(z), this will "consume" the Enter key.

B.t.w: the topic title ("type") isn't very helpfull.
A good topic title describes the proble you are seeking help for e.g.
"How to sotr an array?"
"Why does this piece of code crash?"

Bart
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 10:39:12 pm by Bart »

MarkMLl

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 11:11:30 pm »
B.t.w: the topic title ("type") isn't very helpfull.

But he gets credit for putting his failing code in a code box, and giving the community a complete program which can be checked easily.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

pascal111

• Un trabajo en equipo para programas serias.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 11:12:39 pm »
أعتقدُ أنّي قرأتُ مرّةً في الـ Help الخاص بالـ Turbo Pascal أنّ read تختلف عن readln في أنّها لا تُضيف لبنة نهاية السطر (تغذية السطر) وأنّ ذلكـ يُحدث مُشكلةً في عبارات الـ readln التالية إذا كانت القراءة من الـ console أي تقريباً لا يُفضّل إستخدام read في القراءة من الـ console.

google translate:

"I think I once read in the Help for "of" Turbo Pascal that read differs from readln in that it does not add an end-of-line block "character" (line feed) and that this creates a problem in the following readln statements if reading from the console i.e. almost not preferring to use read for reading, From "from" the console."
La chose par la chose est rappelé.

lucamar

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 12:49:54 am »
I think I once read in the Help for "of" Turbo Pascal that read differs from readln in that it does not add an end-of-line block "character" (line feed) and that this creates a problem in the following readln statements if reading from the console i.e. almost not preferring to use read for reading, "from" the console.

It isn't that it doesn't "add" an EOL but that it reads up to but excluding the ending <CR> (or <LF>), while ReadLn reads and discards it. The consequence is that after a Read there is a <CR> still in the queue which a later ReadLn will interpret as reading an empty line.

There are several ways to deal with this, among other by using the EOLn function for a conditional ReadLn, but if all one's doing is just reading a single value it's usually better to just use ReadLn().
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 12:52:02 am by lucamar »
Turbo Pascal 3 CP/M - Amstrad PCW 8256 (512 KB !!!) :P
Lazarus/FPC 2.0.8/3.0.4 & 2.0.12/3.2.0 - 32/64 bits on:
(K|L|X)Ubuntu 12..18, Windows XP, 7, 10 and various DOSes.

pascal111

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 01:05:12 am »
I think I once read in the Help for "of" Turbo Pascal that read differs from readln in that it does not add an end-of-line block "character" (line feed) and that this creates a problem in the following readln statements if reading from the console i.e. almost not preferring to use read for reading, "from" the console.

It isn't that it doesn't "add" an EOL but that it reads up to but excluding the ending <CR> (or <LF>), while ReadLn reads and discards it. The consequence is that after a Read there is a <CR> still in the queue which a later ReadLn will interpret as reading an empty line.

There are several ways to deal with this, among other by using the EOLn function for a conditional ReadLn, but if all one's doing is just reading a single value it's usually better to just use ReadLn().

تصويبٌ ممتاز ومعلوماتٌ غنيّة أغبطكـ عليها.

لقد حاولتُ أنْ أكون عُضواً فاعلاً وأنْ أُساعد غيري ولكن يبدو أنّني أفتقد بعض الدقائق والتفاصيل ،مازلتُ أتعلّم.

google translate:

"Excellent shooting "correction" and rich info I envy (good kind of envy) you "about it".

I have tried to be an active member and help others but it seems that I am missing some minutes and details, I am still learning."

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 09:07:06 am »
I have tried to be an active member and help others but it seems that I am missing some minutes and details, I am still learning."

And there's no fault in trying to be helpful even if one doesn't know the small details. :)

To be fair: this specific difference between Read and Readln isn't important very often as most people simply tend to use Readln. ;)

Nitorami

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 10:13:02 am »
this specific difference between Read and Readln isn't important very often as most people simply tend to use Readln.

Yes, this is what I am used to. But under windows 10 it does not seem to work as it used to.
When running this code in a windows 10 cmd shell from the textmode IDE (3.2.0), I need to press enter twice to arrive at the writeln; and writeln overwrites the number I typed.
I changed to "use legacy console" but the behaviour remains the same.

Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. var x: single;
  3. begin
  4.   repeat
  5.     readln (x);
  6.     writeln(x);
  7.   until x=0;
  8. end.

pascal111

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 01:43:25 pm »

And there's no fault in trying to be helpful even if one doesn't know the small details. :)

To be fair: this specific difference between Read and Readln isn't important very often as most people simply tend to use Readln. ;)

رائعٌ هذا التشجيع ،أشكركـ.

google translate:

"Great encouragement, thank you."

TinyPortal © 2005-2018