Forum > General

The Lazarus project windows are gone

(1/2) > >>

darekdarek:
The Lazarus project windows are gone after saving the project. The launched project looks like in the attached picture each time. I have to manually activate it via: Project-> Projects Forms (shift + F12) -> select Form> OK. Every time.

Saving a project (with modules open) doesn't change anything.

WooBean:
Hi Darek,
mixture of English  and Polish language version of IDE components suggests that your Lazarus installation is broken or at least invalid. Save (backup) your projects and then try  uninstalling current version and then installing an uncomplicated Lazarus IDE.

wp:
If you don't have too many user-modifications of the IDE or additionally installed packages you should reset your user profile: Go to "View" > "IDE Internals" > "About IDE" and find the name of the directory which stores your settings next to the "Primary config directory" entry. Then exit the IDE, go to that directory and rename it (just to have a backup). When you now restart Lazarus again, new default settings will be created, just as if you just had installed Lazarus for the first time. The issue that you report should be gone. There may be an error message, though, about packages not being found - ignore it.

In the new IDE you must first reinstall all your packages that you had used in addition to the built-in packages. Since all your user-settings are list you also must set up Lazarus again as you need it. But do this in steps so that you do not repeat the misconfiguration that lead to the issue reported.

MarkMLl:
I've been criticised in the past for being too abrupt with users who've reported a potential problem with no information regarding the Lazarus and FPC versions, or the OS etc., that they're using.

The thing that stands out from my POV is the "bleedthrough" on some of the pane borders, which make me think that something's badly borked.

MarkMLl

darekdarek:

--- Quote from: WooBean on May 11, 2021, 09:51:38 pm ---Hi Darek,
mixture of English  and Polish language version of IDE components suggests that your Lazarus installation is broken or at least invalid. Save (backup) your projects and then try  uninstalling current version and then installing an uncomplicated Lazarus IDE.

--- End quote ---

I translated the menu path in the description into English. Sorry to mislead you. It is Polish version of Lazarus.


--- Quote from: wp on May 11, 2021, 10:23:29 pm ---If you don't have too many user-modifications of the IDE or additionally installed packages you should reset your user profile: Go to "View" > "IDE Internals" > "About IDE" and find the name of the directory which stores your settings next to the "Primary config directory" entry. Then exit the IDE, go to that directory and rename it (just to have a backup). When you now restart Lazarus again, new default settings will be created, just as if you just had installed Lazarus for the first time.
[...]

--- End quote ---

I did it. IDE settings are default. Nothing has changed. The problem is only for this Lazarus project.


--- Quote from: MarkMLl on May 11, 2021, 10:46:04 pm ---I've been criticised in the past for being too abrupt with users who've reported a potential problem with no information regarding the Lazarus and FPC versions, or the OS etc., that they're using.
[...]

--- End quote ---

Windows 7 64bit, Lazarus. 2.0.12, FPC 3.2.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version