Recent

Author Topic: Lazaruz and Firebird should be more popular  (Read 6005 times)

Fantablup

Re: Lazaruz and Firebird should be more popular
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2021, 05:55:17 pm »
However, this was for more than just "getting the software on the system" (OP has already commented that that is a "one button" operation, at least on Windows) but included defining users, creating tables

Isn't that the same for any other DB engines after setting up for the first run? Show me another one that can do this.
I actually tried to say that with one click on install, FB is running after under a minute installing.
Setting up users, creating tables always require SQL commands from the user or user defined batch files or functions.

FB Installation compared to PostgreSQL is much simpler, faster and easier.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 06:00:44 pm by Fantablup »

Fantablup

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2021, 05:58:45 pm »
If you want, I can privately refer you to some low to middle cost hosting companies that offer Firebird as one of their available options.

Thanks valdir :)
But i need mainstream hosting for the users of my applications. The users can them self use their own shared hosting.
I just don't understand why FB is not accepted on standard hostings. Since it is so good.

Fantablup

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2021, 06:10:41 pm »
If you really think so, I will wait for your consistency in stopping to indicate Lazarus and Free Pascal to the newcomers who arrive here and start indicating for them to use an IDE and a programming language that is mainstream because obviously Pascal is not. It was, but it hasn't been for decades.
:)

Thanks valdir!
Actually i'm an Delphi expert From Delphi 1 to Delphi Pro 7. After that the price of new versions skyrocketed and i gave Delphi up.
Lazarus is not allot different to Delphi 7. So, it's very easy to get into it.
I would not call myself as a newcomer to Lazarus even if i just started using it in production. I understand most of it, but i'm new to Lazarus.

I have also used Firebird since version 1, and still amazed how stable it is.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 06:49:32 pm by Fantablup »

MarkMLl

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2021, 06:27:50 pm »
Isn't that the same for any other DB engines after setting up for the first run? Show me another one that can do this.
I actually tried to say that with one click on install, FB is running after under a minute installing.
Setting up users, creating tables always require SQL commands from the user or user defined batch files or functions.

FB Installation compared to PostgreSQL is much simpler, faster and easier.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree- at least until I've finished setting up the fallback servers I'm working on.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

Fantablup

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2021, 06:30:15 pm »
Agreed ;D
Hehe :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018