Recent

Author Topic: Fieldtype: ftADT , Oracle sdo_gemetry  (Read 4022 times)

Hansvb

Fieldtype: ftADT , Oracle sdo_gemetry
« on: May 07, 2021, 06:49:14 pm »
Hi,

In the following wiki: https://wiki.freepascal.org/Database_field_type
I see: Fieldtype: ftADT = abstract data type (user defined types created on the server); not supported yet (?)

Will it be supported someday? The reason for asking is that I take a look at Lazarus, about once a year,  to see if I can view Oracle sdo_geometry in the Datagrid.

Greetings.

LacaK

Re: Fieldtype: ftADT , Oracle sdo_gemetry
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 09:38:23 am »
These structured types like Oracle SDO_GEOMETRY (record which contains another types like arrays or another records) must ba mapped to TADTField (descendants of TObjectField).

I doubt that it will be implemented, only if there will be someone who would need it and would invest time in implementation.

But even if someone implemented it as you expect these types to be displayed in the dbgrid?

Hansvb

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 07:40:52 pm »
I was hoping to see those types displayed in a datagrid. In c# i have a class which provides just that. I wil not be able to convert it to Pascal. My Pascal is verry verry rusty.

LacaK

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 07:15:18 am »
Can you provide example/screen shot how such fields are displayed in grid?

Hansvb

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 10:08:34 pm »
hi,

There is nothing on tv and i started Lazarus and I got the latest zoeslib from svn (i think) and guess what. It is now possible to query a Oracle table with geometry. The geometry column is ignored in de Datagrid but that is much better than it was. I used to get an error. I do not now since when this is possible but thanks!!! I was waiting for this for a very long time. I even left Lazarus and went over to c# for this. Now I can rethink this. This is really great.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018