Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Is SQLite case sensitive on Linux  (Read 4121 times)

Gizmo

[SOLVED] Re: Is SQLite case sensitive on Linux
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2021, 09:25:26 pm »
Thans Zvoni for the suggestions.

The SO post you linked to uses COUNT, and whilst I agree that seems like a good alternative, the problem here I think is that COUNT considers all entries, null or not. Whereas dseligo's use of rownumber is used to show specific filtering results that I am trying to achive, for example, where a value was found in one folder, but not the other. I could be wrong, but either way dseligo is going to try and re-write the SQL for me I think, so I'll wait for him as he seems to be far better at it than I am. If he can't do it I will either a) look at your previous suggestion that may well work as well, or b) if that doesn't, then I will use a compiler switch for Linux and OSX that basically tells the user "Sorry - you cant use this part of the program". I'd obviously prefer to avoid that, but the previous implementation I had was not working properly. Better to have no option than a wrong option.

UPDATE - just seen he has PM'd me in fact, so I will look at his work ASAP!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 09:51:50 am by Gizmo »

Gizmo

Re: Is SQLite case sensitive on Linux
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2021, 09:52:55 am »
dseligo reworked the SQL statements (like a hero!) and it all seems to work fine now on OSX and Linux, and Windows. So it seems the SQL syntax itself is not case sensitive on Linux. Just a matter of a SQL statement that was for newer versions only.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018