Recent

Author Topic: Applying "gif animation" to work [SOLVED]  (Read 1719 times)

pascal111

• Un trabajo en equipo para programas serias.
Applying "gif animation" to work [SOLVED]
« on: May 05, 2021, 09:41:12 pm »
I noticed that I need component or something to make "gif animation" image to work on forms with motion, what's the simplest way to do that?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 02:38:07 am by pascal111 »
La chose par la chose est rappelé.

pascal111

Re: Applying "gif animation" to work
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 12:08:46 am »
if you look at the Online Package Manager there is a GifAnim package you can install..

I tried to install "Online Package Manager" package and found this error "Cannot find lazversion used by BGRAFreeType of package BGRABitmapPack"

pascal111

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 12:22:00 am »
I tried to install LazVersion by "open package file (.lpk)" from the package menu but I failed when I tried to install it from Lazutils folder, and this folder has no file called lazversion.

wp

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 12:33:21 am »
if you look at the Online Package Manager there is a GifAnim package you can install..

I tried to install "Online Package Manager" package and found this error "Cannot find lazversion used by BGRAFreeType of package BGRABitmapPack"
There's something wrong here... What is your Lazarus version? Throughout the entire v2.0.x series of Lazarus Online Package Manager is installed by default, and if you really need to install it it does not depend on BGRABitmapPack.

If you have a version older than Laz 2.x you should take the chance to upgrade; this way you will get a new IDE and get rid of this misconfiguration.

If you already have 2.0.x I'd recommend that you reset your user settings: Open "View" > "IDE Internals" > "About IDE" and find the line "Primary Config Directory" - it tells you the folder in which the user settings of your installation are stored. Close Lazarus, go to this primary config folder and rename it (to have a backup when something goes wrong). Open Lazarus again, it will complain about packages not found, ignore these messages. Go to "Tools" > "Configure Build Lazarus" and check "Clean all" and "Switch after building to automatically". Then "Build". After a while Lazarus restarts and only contains the default packages. Go to "Package" > "Online package manager", check the "GifAnim" package and install it. It must work - I did it many, many times (ok, not with GifAnim...)

Be warned: this way you lose all your own configuration settings which you must reselect. And you lose all your manually installed third-party components which you must reinstall again.

pascal111

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 12:43:01 am »
I think my Lazarus IDE version is less than v2.0.x:

(https://i.postimg.cc/VSyXRK0R/Screenshot-at-2021-05-06-00-38-54.png)

Some members advised me before to re-install my IDE, I think I need to do it. How to upgrade this current version, I installed it from "Software Manager" on Linux Mint?

pascal111

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 01:34:02 am »
I created new topic for re-installing my Lazarus again with new version in the sub-forum "Linux":

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,54482.msg404680.html#new

pascal111

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 02:37:53 am »
I removed old Lazarus and installed 3 packages and some details in:

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,54482.msg404680.html#new

Now, thanks for God, new Lazarus works on my Mint, and I installed "GifAnim package" from "Online Package Manager" and it works. By the way "Online Package Manager" is automatically installed in this Lazarus version.

Thanks everyone for your aids.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018