Forum > Windows

Trying to do a resource update for icons and I'm nearly there ...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Handoko:

--- Quote from: Spoonhorse on May 01, 2021, 03:06:06 am --- but what if I do not have access to the source code of executable.exe? What if it is not written in Pascal?

--- End quote ---

Did you not know it is a Pascal forum?
Did you trying to do some hacking?
Did you not know it is not appropriate to discuss something illegal in this forum?
 >:D

lainz:

--- Quote from: Handoko on May 01, 2021, 06:26:45 pm ---
--- Quote from: Spoonhorse on May 01, 2021, 03:06:06 am --- but what if I do not have access to the source code of executable.exe? What if it is not written in Pascal?

--- End quote ---

Did you not know it is a Pascal forum?
Did you trying to do some hacking?
Did you not know it is not appropriate to discuss something illegal in this forum?
 >:D

--- End quote ---

Calm down. Changing the icon of an executable is not a crime.

You can do it with any command line tool. Its useful when you have to customize a binary, say for example Electron, that comes with his own icon and you need to change it when distributing your app.

marcov:

--- Quote from: Spoonhorse on May 01, 2021, 03:06:06 am ---What if it is not written in Pascal?

--- End quote ---

If it is not written in Lazarus/Freepascal, then it is off-topic.

lucamar:

--- Quote from: marcov on May 01, 2021, 06:59:00 pm ---
--- Quote from: Spoonhorse on May 01, 2021, 03:06:06 am ---What if it is not written in Pascal?
--- End quote ---
If it is not written in Lazarus/Freepascal, then it is off-topic.
--- End quote ---

Why off-topic? He's asking how to build an icon-changer in Pascal, like Resource Hacker (a Delphi app) can do (IIRC). The "not source, not in Pascal" is, essentially, just his target "data".

Handoko:

--- Quote from: lainz on May 01, 2021, 06:36:22 pm ---Changing the icon of an executable is not a crime.

--- End quote ---

I am not a student of criminology but I what know is if someone change the icon of my program without my permission, I won't happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version