Forum > Windows (32/64)

Cross compiling

<< < (2/2)

marcov:
make cycle in the compiler/ 

or

make all at toplevel (which runs cycle in compiler/)

See buildfaq :-)

Robsean's recent failures are probably binutils problems. (32-bit linker not recognizing link.res due to age or crlf issues?, and not installed 64-bit binutils)

robsean:

--- Quote from: marcov on April 29, 2021, 05:30:19 pm ---make cycle in the compiler/ 

or

make cycle at toplevel (which runs cycle in compiler/)

See buildfaq :-)

Robsean's recent failures are probably binutils problems. (32-bit linker not recognizing link.res due to age or crlf issues?, and not installed 64-bit binutils)

--- End quote ---

Thank you
Now, I know the difference between make cycle and make cycle. From win32 to win64, They are both work well.
And at the beginning, I  have noticed the difference between  make cycle and make cycle,but I didn't know their specific usage.

the wiki,the programmers guide ,and the buildfaq.pdf,I have read them carefully many times and even translated some contents into Chinese.

From win32 to linux :

the win32-binutils come from the bwin32  ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/3.2.0/source/fpcbuild-3.2.0.zip ,the bootstrap comes from the  ppc386.exe ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/3.2.0/bootstrap/i386-win32-ppc386.zip,the cross binutils come from the binutils-2.15-win32-i386-linux.zip ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/contrib/cross/mingw/binutils-2.15-win32-i386-linux.zip

but they can not work

From win64 to linux :
the win64-binutils come from the bwin64  ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/3.2.0/source/fpcbuild-3.2.0.zip ,the bootstrap comes from the  ppc386.exe ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/3.2.0/bootstrap/i386-win32-ppc386.zip,the cross binutils come from the win32crossbinutils2005.zip of the x86_64-linux ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/contrib/cross/mingw/win32crossbinutils2005.zip

but they can not work too

PS:CPU--intel 64bit OS--windows 7 32bit &64bit

robsean:
From win32 to linux has been successful.

I typed in the command line:
cd comolier
make cycle OS_TARGET=linux
make install  OS_TARGET=linux INSALL_PREFIX=D:\fpc3.2.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version