Recent

Author Topic: HRESULT to Text utility  (Read 1619 times)

440bx

HRESULT to Text utility
« on: April 27, 2021, 11:16:04 pm »
This is a trivial utility for which I will be posting the source sometime in the near future (at least that's what I'm hoping.)  Right now only the executable is attached to this post.

This utility is basically what you find on the MS web page that lists all the HRESULTs and their associated messages.  With this utility you don't need to get on the net and the formatting is stable and predictable, making reading the text as easy as it should be (which is not always the case in the MS webpage.)

I figured I'd post the executable now for anyone who may benefit from it.

Enjoy.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

engkin

Re: HRESULT to Text utility
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 04:44:17 pm »
Thanks for sharing. I like the way you organized it, but I noticed the list does not have the focus by default, there is no way to give it focus bythe keyboard, and, after you click on the list with the mouse, it loses the focus when I switch to a different app and back to your app.

440bx

Re: HRESULT to Text utility
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 05:53:16 pm »
You're right !. I hadn't noticed the list didn't have the focus.  I have to fix that.

I normally just just use the mouse to scroll to the status I am looking for.  Because of that I missed the listbox does not get the focus. 

I'll make sure that is corrected in the version I'll post with source.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018