Recent

Author Topic: TControl and TGraphic Control creation issue  (Read 8254 times)

jcdammeyer

• Embedded System Developer
    • Automation Artisans Inc.
Re: TControl and TGraphic Control creation issue
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2021, 10:55:51 pm »
Fascinating.   Great example.   I feel like I've been immersed in this for the last 2 days and I'm slowly trying to get a handle on this.

It's all so incredibly simple and yet also complicated.
Thanks for your patience.
John

jcdammeyer

• Embedded System Developer
    • Automation Artisans Inc.
Re: TControl and TGraphic Control creation issue
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2021, 02:35:14 am »
Using fcpupdeluxe on a new device, what is selected to get this bug fix without editing the file again?
In the Lazarus Version listbox select the option "trunk" - this is the development version but you should be aware that it is not as stable as the fixes or numbered release versions. The patch has been put onto the merge request list for the Fixes branch (https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_2.0_fixes_branch#Fixes_for_2.0.14), so after some time you will find it also in the "Fixes" item of the listbox.
Downloaded a trunk version onto the Pi3.  Took forever but examination of the file shows that the "or winding" is gone completely.   Program compiled and ran without errors.

Although that solution worked I still wonder if it was the right one.   I guess I have issues with
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. if (DevCtx.IsNullPen and (DevCtx.IsNullBrush or Winding)) then

whether the Device Context should have a NullPen when the pen for the component was set.  This just seems like a problem waiting to show up elsewhere again.

I now have the correct ICONs showing up on the component bar.  There are still issues with switching back and forth between the ported 'delphi' component form .dfm and the lazarus .lfm.  Lazarus is text.  Rad Studio is creating binary.  I think if I want compatibility I need to figure out how to force Delphi to stay in text mode.

But that's for a different thread.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018