Recent

Author Topic: Reference to object set to Nil after installation of IBX Components  (Read 1085 times)

eenplus

Hallo, I've installed the latest version of the IBX components in two Lazarus versions. One on Mac High Sierra 10.13.16 ( native ) and on Windows 10 in Parallels.
After each install via the Online Package Manager and rebuilding and restarting the IDE , Lazarus quits with a 'Reference set to object is Nil' . Afterwards I need
to reinstall Lazarus.

Is this a known issue ?

Tia.

/Dirk 

GetMem

Re: Reference to object set to Nil after installation of IBX Components
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 08:38:12 pm »
@eenplus
Hallo, I've installed the latest version of the IBX components in two Lazarus versions. One on Mac High Sierra 10.13.16 ( native ) and on Windows 10 in Parallels.
After each install via the Online Package Manager and rebuilding and restarting the IDE , Lazarus quits with a 'Reference set to object is Nil' . Afterwards I need
to reinstall Lazarus.

Is this a known issue ?
First of all you don't have to reinstall Lazarus, you always have a backup of the binary in the installation folder(see attached screenshot). Delete the current executable, then rename lazarus.old to lazarus.
Secondly I don't think this issue is related to OPM, please try to install IBX by opening the lpk file. Does the same error occurs?

eenplus

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 09:55:05 pm »
Hallo, as per suggestion of GetMem I did. Unfortunately same issue. I enclose an image of the error at startup. Rgds.

GetMem

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 06:51:24 am »
Hallo, as per suggestion of GetMem I did. Unfortunately same issue. I enclose an image of the error at startup. Rgds.

Tested with:
Lazarus: 2.0.12/Trunk
FPC:  3.2.0

IBX works fine here.

eenplus

Still suffering with installation of IBX controls .... whatever way I install the componenten, each installation ends up with Lazarus not being able anymore to start. Always "Object reference is Nil."

And I can start over to rename the old Lazarus.app etc. to get things going.

Is there a possibility to start Lazarus in some kind of 'safe mode' , of debug mode ?

« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 04:34:51 pm by eenplus »

patyit

I also have this problem, "Object reference is Nil." when I start the Lazarus !

XUbuntu 20.04 LTS 64bit fresh installation on new laptop (Acer Intel N5000 CPU, 8Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD),
FpcUpDeluxe FPC Fixes (v3.2.1), Lazatus Fixes (v2.0.13), date 2021.05.15.

Installed all dependencies for Lazarus, maybe something else is missing for the IBX ? 
p.s. Firebird 3.0.7 64bit installed before Lazarus and IBX !
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 10:11:52 am by patyit »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018