Forum > Databases

Reference to object set to Nil after installation of IBX Components

(1/4) > >>

eenplus:
Hallo, I've installed the latest version of the IBX components in two Lazarus versions. One on Mac High Sierra 10.13.16 ( native ) and on Windows 10 in Parallels.
After each install via the Online Package Manager and rebuilding and restarting the IDE , Lazarus quits with a 'Reference set to object is Nil' . Afterwards I need
to reinstall Lazarus.

Is this a known issue ?

Tia.

/Dirk 

balazsszekely:
@eenplus

--- Quote ---Hallo, I've installed the latest version of the IBX components in two Lazarus versions. One on Mac High Sierra 10.13.16 ( native ) and on Windows 10 in Parallels.
After each install via the Online Package Manager and rebuilding and restarting the IDE , Lazarus quits with a 'Reference set to object is Nil' . Afterwards I need
to reinstall Lazarus.

Is this a known issue ?
--- End quote ---
First of all you don't have to reinstall Lazarus, you always have a backup of the binary in the installation folder(see attached screenshot). Delete the current executable, then rename lazarus.old to lazarus.
Secondly I don't think this issue is related to OPM, please try to install IBX by opening the lpk file. Does the same error occurs?

eenplus:
Hallo, as per suggestion of GetMem I did. Unfortunately same issue. I enclose an image of the error at startup. Rgds.

balazsszekely:

--- Quote ---Hallo, as per suggestion of GetMem I did. Unfortunately same issue. I enclose an image of the error at startup. Rgds.
--- End quote ---

Tested with:
Lazarus: 2.0.12/Trunk
FPC:  3.2.0

IBX works fine here.

eenplus:
Still suffering with installation of IBX controls .... whatever way I install the componenten, each installation ends up with Lazarus not being able anymore to start. Always "Object reference is Nil."

And I can start over to rename the old Lazarus.app etc. to get things going.

Is there a possibility to start Lazarus in some kind of 'safe mode' , of debug mode ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version