Recent

Author Topic: Error trying to retrieve SQLite version  (Read 3479 times)

dietmar

Error trying to retrieve SQLite version
« on: September 06, 2021, 04:25:12 pm »
Hello,

I am trying to determine the SQLite Version, and I get the error "SQLite3Connection: Database connect string (DatabaseName) not filled in". I can't find the error since I set up a name (and even hardcoding it didn't help).

Anyone finds the error?

Thx,
--Dietmar

Code:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.   with SQLite3Connection do begin
  2.     DatabaseName := 'bla.db';
  3.     Open;
  4.     Connected := True;
  5.   end;
  6.   SQLTransaction.Active := True;
  7.   with SQLQuery.SQL do begin
  8.     Clear;
  9.     Add('select sqlite_version()')
  10.   end;
  11.   SQLQuery.Open;
  12.   stSQLiteVersion.Caption := 'SQLite v' + SQLQuery.FieldByName('sqlite_version()').AsString;
Lazarus 2.2.0RC1 with FPC 3.2.2 (32 Bit) on Windows10 (64Bit)

balazsszekely

Re: Error trying to retrieve SQLite version
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 05:22:26 pm »
Hi dietmar,

I am trying to determine the SQLite Version, and I get the error "SQLite3Connection: Database connect string (DatabaseName) not filled in". I can't find the error since I set up a name (and even hardcoding it didn't help).

Anyone finds the error?

You did not assign a connection to SQLQuery via the Database property. The following code works fine at my side:
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1.   SQLite3Connection.HostName := 'locahost';
  2.   SQLite3Connection.DatabaseName := ExtractFilePath(Application.Exename) + 'test.db';  //<-change the db name here
  3.   SQLite3Connection.Open;
  4.   if SQLite3Connection.Connected then
  5.   begin
  6.     SQLTransaction.DataBase := SQLite3Connection;
  7.     SQLTransaction.Active := True;
  9.     SQLQuery.DataBase := SQLite3Connection;
  10.     SQLQuery.Transaction := SQLTransaction;
  11.     with SQLQuery.SQL do begin
  12.        Clear;
  13.        Add('select sqlite_version()')
  14.      end;
  15.      SQLQuery.Open;
  16.      if not SQLQuery.IsEmpty then
  17.        ShowMessage('SQLite v' + SQLQuery.FieldByName('sqlite_version()').AsString);
  18.   end;

The returned version is: 3.36.0

dietmar

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 06:06:20 pm »
Wierd - I have set the connections between the 3 SQLite elements hardcoded via the object inspector.
But I just tried your code and get the same error!?! For me, it seems as if there is a problem with DatabaseNAME, but I cannot resolve it :(

--Dietmar

balazsszekely

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 06:25:19 pm »
Wierd - I have set the connections between the 3 SQLite elements hardcoded via the object inspector.
But I just tried your code and get the same error!?! For me, it seems as if there is a problem with DatabaseNAME, but I cannot resolve it :(

--Dietmar

Please test attached project. After you extract the archive, copy the appropriate(32/64 bit) sqlite3.dll into the project folder. According to your description "Lazarus 2.2.0RC1 with FPC 3.2.2 on Windows10 64Bit", you should download the 64 bit version.

PS: I tested both with 32/64 bit versions(Lazarus 2.0.12/Trunk, FPC 3.2.2). Works fine with every combination.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 06:47:24 pm by GetMem »

dietmar

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 08:31:39 pm »
Thanks for your effort!

But I don't get it. Although running on Win10 64Bit, with Lazarus 32Bit, loading the 64Bit-SQLite.dll gives error "file not found" or something like that. When using the 32 bit version, your test app works perfectly.
I compared your code line after line with my own - no difference. But my code doesn't work either :((

--Dietmar

balazsszekely

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 08:44:15 pm »
Although running on Win10 64Bit, with Lazarus 32Bit, loading the 64Bit-SQLite.dll gives error "file not found" or something like that.
Sorry, I should have been more specific: the SQLite bitness must mach Lazarus/FPC bitness. For some reason I assumed that you are using 64 bit Lazarus on Win10 64bit, which is clearly not the case.

I compared your code line after line with my own - no difference. But my code doesn't work either.
Can you please attach your project?

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 02:22:54 am »
Maybe your application can not open SQLite because IDE already opened it in single threaded mode? Can you close IDE connection and try again? Just in case, read https://sqlite.org/threadsafe.html.
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

dietmar

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 06:33:41 pm »
Hi,

after cursing a lot while playing half the night with this issue, finally what did the trick was:

* closing the IDE
* deleting the "backup" and "lib" subdirectories of the project
* starting the IDE again
* building my project

I don't know what the reason was (perhaps a non-printable character in the DatabaseName?) but it's very annoying since this is the 3rd time I can only get rid of an error by performing the steps above.

Nevertheless, guys, thanks a lot for your help!

--Dietmar

TinyPortal © 2005-2018