Recent

Author Topic: Anybody used IBX for dealing array field?  (Read 1097 times)

egsuh

Anybody used IBX for dealing array field?
« on: September 04, 2021, 04:18:22 pm »
Firebird supports array-type field, but it is not possible to operate with SQL. IBX documentation says it supports array-field operation. Has anybody tried to use this functionality? What does it support, and how useful it is?
I'm looking for IBX documentation, but it explains the internal operations, and not easy to find out how to use.

dsiders

Re: Anybody used IBX for dealing array field?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 08:53:03 pm »
Firebird supports array-type field, but it is not possible to operate with SQL. IBX documentation says it supports array-field operation. Has anybody tried to use this functionality? What does it support, and how useful it is?
I'm looking for IBX documentation, but it explains the internal operations, and not easy to find out how to use.

For code, look at the examples/employee demo shipped with IBX.
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

tonyw

• MWA Software
Re: Anybody used IBX for dealing array field?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 03:49:30 pm »

For code, look at the examples/employee demo shipped with IBX.
Even better, try out the examples/array demos which illustrate both 1D and 2D array handling

TinyPortal © 2005-2018