Forum > LCL

TOpenDialog.Execute crashes with Lazarus 2.0.10 on Windows 10

<< < (3/3)

dseligo:
Try this: go to Tools, Options and then Debugger, General and check option DisableLoadSymbolsForLibraries (in Debugger specific options).

Relativity:
I have checked the option DisableLoadSymbolsForLibraries. But it still crashes when run from inside the IDE.
Maybe it's the antivirus, as wp suggested ? I'm going to contact my company's IT-officer and ask him.

741:
I have the same issue:

Lazarus debugging freezes when TOpenDialog's Execute method is called, but seems fine when run from Windows explorer.
Note: I cannot find the option "DisableLoadSymbolsForLibraries" under Tools|Options|DEbugger|General options; does this setting still exist?

I have tried (without any effect) un-checking "Use manifest resource (and enable themes)"  under Project|Options|Application

Lazarus 2.2.6 (rev lazarus_2_2_6) FPC 3.2.2 x86_64-win64-win32/win64

Josh:
Hi

I think its only available if GDB is your debugger. And you have it installed.

741:
OK thanks - I am wondering now though what is the generally advised debugger to use, and how much trouble changing debugger is.

Should I go down the route of using gdb because of this problem, or should I aim to keep with FpDebug.

The FpDebug debugger is pre-installed; I think, if possible I'd aim to keep FpDebug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version