Recent

Author Topic: Windows LazSerial - Disk Full error message  (Read 1191 times)

CraigNZ

Windows LazSerial - Disk Full error message
« on: April 19, 2021, 02:59:10 am »
When using LazSerial and I open a COM port in the IDE (w/debugging) it works with no error message.  But when I run the exe file (not in the IDE) and I open the port I get a "Disk Full" error message and the COM port is not opened.  If I disable the com port open I get no error message.  The port is "\\.\COM31".

Craig

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user

CraigNZ

Re: Windows LazSerial - Disk Full error message
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 06:54:50 am »
Thank you ..

Craig

CraigNZ

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 08:59:29 am »
Looking at the explanation of the Disk Full message I feel there are two differences in my case:
a) I get the error when I open the port, not writing to it.  But I can see how the error Disk Full could account for many different types of serial port errors, but more importantly,

b) Why does it work when running in the IDE?  Seems like I would get the same error message.  Maybe the IDE handles the error differently?  When in the IDE the port does open and I can use it (receive data on the com port).  But outside of the IDE I get the error and the port does not open.

Craig

trev

• Global Moderator
  • Former Delphi 1-7, 10.2 user
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 09:19:00 am »
When something works in one context but doesn't in another, I always suspect an uninitialised variable or some other bug in my code. Sorry I can't be more specific.

dseligo

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 09:35:02 am »
b) Why does it work when running in the IDE?  Seems like I would get the same error message.  Maybe the IDE handles the error differently?  When in the IDE the port does open and I can use it (receive data on the com port).  But outside of the IDE I get the error and the port does not open.
Do you run IDE as normal user or elevated?

CraigNZ

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 10:04:38 pm »
Thank you to all who have replied.  I was running IDE 2.0.0 and the W32 version.  Last night I updated the IDE to 2.0.12 and the 64 bit version and now LazSerial is working both in/out of the IDE.  So problem was related to the IDE and the upgrade seems to have fixed it.

Craig

TinyPortal © 2005-2018